It’s commonly known that the first three months of the year are a downer. After the Holiday rush we get back to normality and often get a case of winter blues because of the freezing temperatures and super short days. It’s tough to face winter especially for those like me who love natural light, but ever since I started using 'my winter blues busters', I’ve been feeling pretty motivated to face the cold days in the best way possible. Also, another awesome way to make the next 3 months more enjoyable is the little things that don’t take much time or effort but mean a lot on the long run.
So after reading Bethany's list of ideas on how she makes her ordinary days feel just a little more...romantic or sassy, I decided to use some of her tips and add a few of my own to keep it together till April. So next time you feel like your day is going nowhere, do one of the things below and I promise it will feel like a special treat that transforms your mood in the right direction.
- Wear more lipstick, preferably red, even if you are just watching telly at home or going for a quick lunch. It will make you feel much more put together and snazzy.
- Take 15 minutes to brew your French Press in the morning at home instead of cueing at the café for a take out. Your kitchen will smell amazing, you will enjoy the ‘me time’ and soon enough you'll realize how meditative the whole process truly is.
- Clean your house to Audiobook. Bethany says that listening to audiobooks made her enjoy cleaning and weirdly she was looking forward to it instead of dreading it.
- If you are cooking daily, create a little cooking playlist to keep you inspired and happy.
- Drink more wine. Balazs and I love to treat ourselves to a glass of cheap vino every few nights.
- Keep some of your favourite Christmas lights up all year around. I have a string of white lights in my office area hanging just above the door and they really make the room feel cozy, especially during the dark and windy afternoons.
- Remember when we talked about fresh flowers? Treat yourself to just one every week and you'll see how happy they will make you feel.
- Use an extra dose of your favourite fabric softener on your sweaters. There is that magical moment when you put your sweater on and the scent and softness makes the moment really cozy.
- Wear funky socks and foxy underwear. I don’t know why, but no matter what I wear on top, if I have a pair of dashing knickers on, I feel pretty sexy in no time. And socks will add that unexpected cheery vibe to your day each time you look down:) Try it!
Darlings, would you try any of those little tricks this season? What are the little things that mean a lot to you? xo
P.S: Life's little winter moments.
P.P.S: Plus, this is a must during winter!
(via Bethany - Hello Giggles. Photos via Dust Jacket and Megan Gilger)