One Thing This Year...

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Darlings, do you make New Year’s resolutions? I don’t, since I'm notoriously breaking them anyway! So, instead of setting myself for disappointment right off the bet, for the third year running I set myself a little challenge instead.

Two years ago it was all about solo eating, last year was about less is more and this year will be about letting go and going back to basics. The simple thing in life is that we can’t do everything and most of us need to do less to be truly happy and fulfilled. I know it seems strange but all the huge plans, goals and to-do lists actually make us miserable, instead of making us happier. We feel that the next big thing will be it, but mostly it's not, so enjoying today is the answer for me.

The one thing that keeps us from doing less is guilt. So I am hoping to get rid of guilt no matter how small or big it might be. Like taking that extra 30 minutes away from house chores each Friday to sneak in a longer walk with my dogs or finish work a bit earlier to surprise Balazs with an early movie night out or a dinner in with garlic soup and homemade cheese sticks. It’s about doing things and being present instead of trying to fit in everything and being miserable or overtired. Also, I will continue enjoying the small pleasures of life from last year and solo meals are still one of my favourite things to do on my own:) Have you ever done it?

How about you, loves? Making resolutions this year? What are they? Fancy joining in the challenge? xo

P.S: Dinner with friends.
P.P.S: Have you tried the detox bath yet? It's my new go-to treat!

(Photo via Stephanie Duncan)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stopped making resolutions last year for the same reason as you. I find they were making me more stressed out but I love your idea. I am in!

Jillian Manesh said...

love this idea! cheers to 2014! xo jillian

Elisa said...

I agree, I didn't make any new year resolutions. Like you said it's best to stay in the present.

Sini said...

I don't make ever any resolutions because I know I won't keept those ;)

I started already going back to the basics last year, but its really hard to stop planning and let everything roll naturally Specially since I am making my life a constat mess with the choises I make, hehe. But it's life, right? its pretty good life still.

I hope you have a woderful 2014, sweetheart. If I could, I would like to have you as my daily friend and giggle together for silly things.

Behold the Metatron said...

Love that challenge. Alas I am doing the usual "lose weight" one. But I have to. I am actually overweight now so it's not really a vanity situation. I am unhealthy! So I need to convince myself that this is a healthy thing not a "i want to wear a bikini" thing. :o)

kristen
www.beholdthemetatron.com

Mary Jo said...

I'm not one for making new year's resolutions, but healthy eating is always a good idea :) I'm just turning over new leaves (literally)...haha. Happy new Year Diana!

xo Mary Jo

Roselie said...

I don't make resolutions for the same reason, but I 'll keep trying what I always want, to truly live my life and make it memorable...

Vintage Market Place said...

Happy New Year Diana!
I so agree with you.
No resolutions or plans, I just blogged this too. Plans just don't work for me and I need to get back to being a free spirit.
Living free and taking each day as fresh and exciting rather than planning and bogging ourselves down with tons of must dos
Yay 2014!
Amy

Jessica said...

Enjoying the little things sounds like the most wonderful resolution of all!

A Girl, A Style said...

What a wonderful post! I'm going to try 'less guilt' (something I felt too frequently for my liking in 2013) this year too. Thanks for the suggestion to put a little less pressure on ourselves in the form of resolutions!

Briony xx

Diana Mieczan said...

Elisa, yup! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Sini, I would love that too, darling:) Happy New Year, sweetie! xo

Diana Mieczan said...

You can do it, Kristen:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Mary Jo, xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

I LOVE your comment, Roselie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Amy!!! xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Jessica :)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Briony:) Happy New Year:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk