It's Good To Be A Girl!

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Being a girl is pretty darn great, wouldn’t you say so? It’s not only for all the obvious reasons, like lipstick, nail polish, chiffon and polka dot tights, but also because girls are such unique creatures. Last night 3 of my friends and I went out for a dinner and while sitting and eating my bowl of pasta, I had an epiphany. I realized that no matter how lousy or tiring my day had been beforehand, as soon as we met and started to chat, we all relaxed and felt right in our element. There is that bond women share that makes us gravitate towards each other. Plus, who better to tell you all about the newest gossip or the best way to clean the kitchen sink or even give you an advice on having babies than the girl who knows you best for who you really are :)

Plus, if they are true friends, they never judge, but they will be brutally honest! One of the girls sent me this quote this morning. It sums it up:

" Women wish to be loved without a why or a wherefore; not because they are pretty, or good, or well-bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves.” ~ Henri Frederic Amiel

What do you think, darlings? xo

P.S: Our perfections!
P.P.S: On love...

(Photos via Mrs. French)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your post might just inspired me to pick up my phone and organize a girly night out. I haven't had much time to hang out with my girl friends lately. Thank you.

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

What a fabulous quote, and I love, love, love that kitchen photo!

Jillian Manesh said...

love that quote :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Tiffany Kadani said...

I am such a girlie girl. I really have a hard time with men. It might be because I grew up with a sister. All my closest friends are girls. I just enjoy their company and companionship more than anything else. Well, maybe not more than my hubby :)

Vintage Market Place said...

I am so the opposite i have always been a tomboy and had a very hard time connecting with girls. I was always a guys girl but when i got married all my guy friends had to go. Now i struggle with how to make girlfriends. You make it sound so amazing though. Glad you have a circle for a fun night out.
Amy

Fashion art and other fancies said...

I so love being a girl and a woman and a girlchild;-)

Art Farm said...

Even though I can be a bit of a tomboy at times and I grew up with three older brother, being a girl is really the best! I pretty much always think that when I have to go clothes shopping with my husband and am so bored by all the bland choices they have. We really lucked out! And I cherish my girlfriends and the time I get to spend with them.

Katie

lucent imagery said...

Totally agree that girl's nights (and for my husband, boy's nights) are crucial. I have a weekly walking date with one girlfriend and we both always feel so uplifted afterwards. Other girlfriends that I meet for breakfasts at a cute cafe always leave me smiling too. And that black and white photo made me smile - that's the way I always stood as a girl, with my leg propped up on the other! Glad you had such a good night.

Eliza Jane said...

Oh I love that quote! So spot on about girlfriends. I've made two fabulous girlfriends here in Sydney, and I don't know how I'd survive without them. On the day I lost my job, one of them met me down town after, took me out for a drink, got me drunk, and gave me flowers and chocolate.

Diana Mieczan said...

How awesome, Anonymous!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, if we lived closer to each other, we could have girls-nights-out together:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is very beautiful, Katie!

Diana Mieczan said...

I love going on walking dates as well, lucent imagery. I do them every single week with my friend Sofia:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..what a sweetheart, Eliza! Such a great friend, indeed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk