Gratitude to the Wise Women of Yoga

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

If there is any doubt in your mind on if you can or cannot do yoga, this heartfelt article will make you want to book a class right away. A few weeks ago I read this piece and literally teared up and felt incredibly liberated afterwards. The part that made me realize why I wanted to do it, was this:

'No matter your level of yoga experience, your level of life experience brings an element to your practice that I won’t be able to comprehend for decades to come. It doesn’t matter what the body physically can or cannot do on the mat, what matters is what transpires in your body and your mind while you flow, meditate, and breathe. The “stuff” that no-one else can see but you.'

Now I get it! Do you do yoga or any other form of exercise? xo

P.S: What are your well-dones?
P.P.S: Maia's secret!

(via Elephant Journal)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I am trying to do pilates this month but it's not going too well.

Elle Sees said...

lovely. i have dipped my toe into yoga but have never gotten serious about it.

Jillian Manesh said...

aw love this. yoga is one of my favorite things to do! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I haven't done yoga in a while but now love pilates and just plain old walking!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Art Farm said...

I've been doing yoga on and off for almost 10 years now. I found a wonderful class not too far from where I live and I wish I went more often, but sometimes life gets in the way. This year I've made a commitment of going twice weekly. I really notice a big difference in my body and mind when I don't go! Seriously so great!

I've noticed that as I've grown older, my mindset has changed. My younger self was much more concerned with doing a pose PERFECTLY! And learning all of them. But I've learned it is a process and some weeks I can do certain poses really great and other weeks, I'm all off and they are suddenly hard. Just listen to your body. Have to remember that sometimes! So easy to ignore. :)

Diana Mieczan said...

I love walking as well, Chic 'n Cheap Living:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I love what you said, Katie and how amazing that you are going for yoga twice a week. Good for you, sweetie. I am inspired!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian:)

Pamela Bates said...

I do practice yoga, though I'm currently 'out of practice'. I got so busy work wise in November, that it got in the way of me getting on my mat. I need to change that.

one of my favorite yoga quotes (especially for those who think it's all about 'if' you can do a pose that others do, or who often compare themselves to others): "only go as far as YOU can." -Yogi Alan Finger. It's not about what others do on the mat, and it's not about what you can't do. It's about what you CAN do.

Diana Mieczan said...

I LOVE that quote, Pamela:) Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk