Genius Two Ingredients Snack

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Speaking of healthy and delicious, a couple of weeks ago a friend sent me this recipe for banana chips that she has been utterly addicted to. I often talk to her about healthy eating so when I mentioned how much I believe that bananas are the happy-mood-busters due to their high levels of tryptophan, she knew I would love this take on them. She was right! Those little buggers are super addictive, especially because they taste so good and great for snacking with no guilt whatsoever. Plus, with only two ingredients, they are practically daring us to make them right away! :)

Fancy trying it for yourself? Here is the recipe:
Slice a few bananas into thin chips, dip in fresh lemon juice, and spread on a baking sheet. Bake for 2 hours on 200 degrees and then flip them over and bake for another 1.5 hours or until crisp. Ta dah!

Are you a banana person? I totally am! What have you been snacking on lately? xo

P.S: Banana bread granola bars + frozen banana bites.
P.P.S: And this banana madness:)

(Photo by Simone Anne. Recipe adapted from A Sweet Road)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew it's that simple to make banana chip. Thank you for the recipe.

Jillian Manesh said...

i love bananas and banana chips! thanks for this recipe, it seems like it'll make much healthier banana chips than the ones i find in stores! xo

LyddieGal said...

sounds tasty - I could use a nice healthy snack to reach for.

Chic on the Cheap

Roselie said...

I love banana chips! I 'll try it on my dehydrator...

Eliza Jane said...

Oh my god I HAVE to try this! Oh, and I totally love bananas with peanut butter.

Lady Grey said...

I'm definitely going to try this! I love store bought banana chips, but they are deep fried, so this looks great! Plus I imagine my little toddler would love them too.
xo

Carlye Ignatenko said...

This looks delicious! The only thing that could make it better is figuring out how to infuse them with peanut butter before baking them.

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Anonymous :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Lyddie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Good idea, Roselie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, me too, Eliza! YUM:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanessa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Carlye!!!

Eliza Jane said...

Is this 200C or 200F? I tried it at 200C, and my banana chips came out burnt and gooey at the same time.....I obviously did something wrong.....

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh no, Eliza! It should be 200F. The bananas should be sliced very thinly and the more lemon juice you use the harder they will be after baking. They are usually a bit gooey just right after the baking but as they cool they will harden. Hope that helps.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk