Four Takes On Avocado Snacking

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Wouldn’t you agree that an avocado is always a good idea? Hmm, especially at midnight when you suddenly realize that you're starving for no apparent reason. If you ask any of our friends, they would tell you that you can always find an avocado in our kitchen. We might be short on a few other essentials like salt or sugar but an avocado is always here. Well, what's not to love: full of good fats, low in calories and if you upgrade it with some funky topping, you will want to salsa till dawn.

 Here are four takes that I cannot get enough of:
1. lemon juice, olive oil and fresh-cracked pepper
2. plain yogurt and toasted pepitas (Sometimes I grate one clove of garlic and mix it with the yogurt)
3. light-brown sugar, sherry vinegar (wine vinegar works great too) and fresh-cracked pepper
4. salsa and tortilla chips

Which one trickes your fancy? How do you like your avocado? xo

P.S: Chocolate pudding with avocado and roasted avocado wedges.
P.P.S: Plus, 15 more scrumptious takes on this yummy green fruit.

(Photo and recipe by Martha Stewart via Paige Hermreck)

24 comments:

Chloe Moon said...

I love avocado!! I usually sprinkle a lil sea salt or have it with some pico de gallo! =) It tatstes really good in a salad with granny smith apples too!

Ergo-Blog

JeLo said...

My mom swears by avacodos with honey. I'm dying to try it!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

Avocados and eggs is all I need to live on ;)

I like my avocados with a lil sea salt and pistachio oil and a drizzle of date vinegar - heaven!!

Art Farm said...

I'm always in the mood for avocados! Mmm! My favorite is the simplest with lemon, salt and pepper. Mmm, Diana! You've made me hungry for lunch! xo, Katie

Joyti said...

I love avocado with lemon-pepper, but I haven't tried the others. They all look delicious!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I love avocado! Nigella has a recipe for roquamole, guacamole with spring onions, and roquefort cheese. Can't get enough of it.

maggie said...

I like mine dipped in a bit of soy sauce. Could eat it all day.

Anonymous said...

My fav is raw sugar with fresh lemon in the center of the half.

Jillian Manesh said...

mmmm yes! i love avocado on toast with salt and pepper!

little t said...

I'll be trying all 4!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

mouth-watering! i love me some avacado and def need to try these! my current fave is avacado on toasted wheat bread and aged swiss cheese, topped off with a lot of pepper and a dash of salt!

skedian said...

My favourite ways to eat avocado are:
* with olive oil, ground cumin and a squeeze of lime
* spread on toast over top of a thin layer of Marmite
* with pomegranate molasses and chili flakes
MMmmmmm! I am definitely going to try the sweet/sour combo of brown sugar and vinegar above. Thanks for this!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yum, Chloe:)

Diana Mieczan said...

JeLo, with honey? That sounds amazing! I need to give it a go! Thanks.

Diana Mieczan said...

So with you on that, Martie! Eggs and avocado = the perfect combo!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Joyti :)

Diana Mieczan said...

I am totally trying it, Marieken:) Thanks, darling.

Diana Mieczan said...

Maggie, that is exactly how my balazs loves them too...with soy sauce:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That sounds very interesting, Anonymous. I am going to try it for sure. Thank you:)

Diana Mieczan said...

little t:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yum, Ilene!

Diana Mieczan said...

I LOVE Marmite, skedian! They all sound delicious. yummmm...

zzme said...

salt, balsamic vinegar and if I am in the mood add some rock shrimps

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk