Flamingos Love Dance

Tuesday, January 28, 2014


Did you know that flamingos have this brilliant and totally hilarious, yet highly synchronized mating dance? Don’t believe me? Don't take my word for it - check out the video above and your Tuesday morning will turn from gloomy to totally peachy:)

The cool thing about those pink-shrimp-eating-rascals is that when they start looking for a mate they group together and spend hours puttering around the lake, turning their necks from right to left, as if the were preforming some type of highly rehearsed dance routine. I have no idea how they eventually decide on the one, however, their little romancing seems so endearing and charming. Don't you think? Hope the video will make your morning! xo

P.S: llama type of day:)
P.P.S: Plus, Harlow and Indi.

(Video via Be Nice. Be Kind. Photo via Brave Metaphor)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kept on moving my shoulders while watching the video like I was dancing as well. I never knew they do that and that their color is because of what they eat. I lean something rad everyday on your blog. Thanks for that Diana. Jill

Eliza Jane said...

Oh my god that was hilarious! The Fella and I laughed out loud lol.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, giggle! I kept on moving about too while watching and thank you for your sweet comment.

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Eliza! We did too, sweetie. Balazs loved the video so much that he sent it to all our friends this morning. Boys!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Wow, how funny and totally beautiful to watch!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Jillian Manesh said...

that's incredible! they are beautiful birdies! xo

Merry Meri said...

Perfect for a morning smile!! LOVED that, thanks for sharing!!! xox

Monica | Hola!design said...

Hehe! This put a big smile on my face....

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Made me smile! Wouldn't it be funny if we humans did the same thing?

Ela said...

Wonderful !

Ela said...

Wonderful !

Hannah Q. Parris said...

Oh my goodness, how funny!

OnePerfectDay said...

How cute! Loved the music accompanying their dance too!

Diana Mieczan said...

Merry Meri, my pleasure:)

Diana Mieczan said...

They really are, aren't they, Jillian?

Diana Mieczan said...

Monica :)

Diana Mieczan said...

I was wondering that too, Marieken - giggle.

Diana Mieczan said...

Yes, the music is totally awesome, OnePerfectDay:) I agree!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk