Have you seen Disconnect? What did you think? Balazs and I watched this thought provoking tech thriller over the Holidays and we both keep on going back to it. It’s a film with 3 different storylines but with people tightly connected to each other - people who crave human connections in today’s wired-world.
Technology is a funny fenomenon, nowadays we rely on technology with pretty much everything. We do our reading, research, social life, shopping or payments – all online. Somehow with all the perks of technology, we don’t even realize how those devices that are meant to help us communicate can actually harm us in the most profound way if we are not careful. It’s a tale of human vulnerability, awful, mindless cruelty that started off as a little prank and the moment of total realization: what was I thinking? It’s an upsetting, scary yet eye-opening tale about the dark side of global cyber-world. A must see for sure!
Bits and bobs:
- Jason Bateman plays one of the main roles in the film and here he talks about why he chose to do this film.
- Remember him in Identity Thief or The Change Up? He is such a great actor.
- Jason and Jimmy Kimmel on fish, bikes and beards:)
- The stars of the film talk about their first cell phones and bad texting habits.
- The film was directed by Henry Alex Rubin who also directed Murderball.
- Hope Davis plays Jason's wife brillianty and you might remember her from About Schmidt.
- Frank Grillo, Michael Nyqvist and Andrea Riseborough are the 3 actors that I really want to see more of. They are so talented.
- The adorable Paula Patton is rumoured to play in the upcoming Mission: Impossible 5.
- I loved her back in the day in Hitch:) Have you seen it?
- The most powerful scenes - incredible!
- Did you know that Paula is married to Robin Thicke? I had no clue!
- And they are together since High School - lovely!
- Robin on their first kiss...very sweet, actually!
- Remember Max Thieriot from Chloe? He is in the film as well and Jonah Bobo is there too.
- Here is what the New York Times thinks about this awesome movie.
P.S: And a few other films you might fancy watching.
P.P.S: Plus 10 life lessons I learned from Seinfeld.
(Photos via IMDb)