Have you seen The Big Wedding? What did you think? It’s a sweet little 2013 comedy perfect for a cozy evening in with a glass of wine. Besides an excellent cast made of a few of my favourites like Diane Keaton, Robert De Niro and Amanda Seyfried, the story is sweet, hilarious and full of unexpected little turns. All weddings are stressful affairs to plan, right? Well, now imagine the family gathering before the big day including the divorced parents of the groom who are about to be reunited after 10 years of not seeing each other, the new wife, one adopted son, who invited his biological mother to the celebration, 2 totally messed up siblings that are wonderfully awesome in their own way and tons more of little twists. Oh yes, it gets messy but that is how we like it! So if you need a bit of cheering up this freezing Tuesday, go on and watch it. You won’t regret it. Promise!
Bits and bobs:
- The film was directed by Justin Zackham who also wrote the The Bucket List.
- Have you seen Meet the Parents? Robert De Niro was amazing in it. I still keep on rewatching it over and over again.
- Remember him in Taxi Driver, the 1976 drama?
- Top 10 of Robert's moments.
- Dustin Hoffman and Robert De Niro are hilairous together. Oh my goodness, you must watch this!
- 'Grudge Match' and Stallone!
- 1981 Oscar's - brilliant!
- Robert on the film.
- Robert's one minute of brilliant acting advice.
- I loved Katherine Heigl in The Ugly Truth and Life As We Know It. Such great films!
- This is hilarious!
- Katherine and Ben Barnes on the film.
- Diane Keaton in Annie Hall :)
- Diane on marriage. She is so cool!
- You don't own me - brilliant!
- If you loved Diane in Morning Glory, you will adore her in this film too.
- I recently have seen Amanda Seyfried in Red Riding Hood. It was interesting.
- And there is also Susan Sarandon, who I loved in Thelma and Louise amongst others.
P.S: And a few other films you might fancy catching.
P.P.S: Also, 10 feel good films of my 20s and 10 best romantic comedies:)
(Photos via IMDb)