Detoxifying Mint Tea

Monday, January 13, 2014

Have you ever considered blending your own tea? Heidi swears by it and says that blending teas yourself is like making your own soup versus buying the canned stuff. I never thought of it like that, did you? So, since I am on such a ginger kick anyway, I am planning to try this detoxifying mint tea blend full of lemon, ginger, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cumin and black peppercorns sometime this week. Sounds like a great and healthy new habit to adapt this year, doesn’t it?

As my grandma would say, what’s good for the senses, can only do good for the soul. What’s your favourite tea: green, rooibos, black, fruit or white? xo

P.S: My recent favourite.
P.P.S: And this winter tea goodness:)

(Photos by 101 Cookbooks)


Anonymous said...

I'm trying to cut back on coffee so the idea of making my own tea sounds great to me.

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

I love teas, but cut back since reading articles on 'what's actually in your tea' even the 'organic' ones. I'm looking forward to trying these out. I'm a big fan of putting together detoxifying water :) Have a great day lovely xoxox

Akshara Vivekananthan said...

I love mint tea! It's my absolute favorite, especially on a cold winter's eve. I always buy the Twinings brand, but this seems like a worthy, healthy try.

Simply Akshara

Art Farm said...

That tea blend sounds fantastic! I'm going to have to try that. When I'm feeling unwell I like to make tea with ginger, lemon juice and honey. Sometimes I'll add a dash of cayenne pepper and that helps open up your nose if you are plugged up.


Katie Anello said...

Mmmm yes! And I do! I made a Lemon Cranberry Lavender Rooibos tea recently. In fact I'm doing four tea recipes this month in honor of National Hot Tea Month if you care to read along :-)

xo cheers!

Polly Rowan said...

Lovely! I like drinking herbal teas too. My two favourites are mint and cranberry. I just made my own 'beat the winter blues' post on my blog! You inspired me :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanisha, same here. I read a few not too great articles about store-bought tea and I was shocked!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yum - mint tea is wonderful, Akshara :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Love that mix and I will try it for sure this week, Katie. Thank you:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I will totally check those out. Sounds wonderful!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Polly, I can't wait to check it out:) xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk