Chair Nightstand: Thumbs up or down?

Thursday, January 16, 2014



Would you use a chair as your nightstand? Ever since the beginning of December when I spotted chair-nightstands in our friend's bedroom during one of the Holiday parties, I’ve been thinking about swapping our regular Ikea bedside tables for some funky chairs. Interestingly enough, they bring a very cool vibe to the room since you wouldn’t normally expect them to be there. Our friend got theirs extremely cheap on a flea market and just repainted them navy blue to suit their colour theme. Brilliant, don’t you think? xo

P.S: Book table:)
P.P.S: This view and tons more home goodness.

(Photos via/by Nordic Bliss, Me and AliceAvotakka, Sf girl by bay, Dust Jacket Attic, Wit + Delight)

16 comments:

Krystal Es said...

its a'ight!

Anonymous said...

I like them a lot and I'd go with a bolder color paint to add to our all white bedroom.

Ela said...

Beautiful decorated in white
Greetings

Eliza Jane said...

You're right, it does look cool. And very practical, too, for those of us who live in tiny flats - if you have company over and need an extra chair, voila!

Art Farm said...

I like it! I also like the idea of mixing and matching different chairs or chair on one side table on the other.

Vintage Market Place said...

Yes thumbs up.
I have done this before with all my collecting over the years and liking things a bit different, it really works.
Amy

Sini said...

Yes I hsve a white wooden chair from my grandma's house as a night stand. I love it! Its piled with books and notes. Atm i dont need a real night stand with drawers so it works good!

Elsa de Diego said...

If I'm not mistaking, Carrie Bradshow had one in her SATC apartment. Yes, I think it is a pretty convenient and stylish idea! I would totally give it a go! Muah!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Never thought about that, fab idea!

Jillian Manesh said...

ehhh im not a fan. it conjures up images of mattresses on the floor :/ xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Mieczan said...

Great idea, Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Such a great point, Eliza! Bingo:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, same here! I LOVE matching different chairs. They always look so cool together.

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Amy!

Diana Mieczan said...

I love that, Sini!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ha! I think you are totally right, Elsa:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk