Festive Hair: Grown-Up Topsy Tail

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A few days ago Balazs and I went for a Christmas party and the invitation said dress code: Sunday best. While mingling with the other guests, I spotted a friend who took the rather formal wear request to another level with a simple 90s topsy ponytail like the one above. She wore a clean cut deep wine colour dress with long sleeves, Oxfords, black tights, topsy ponytail and smoky eyes - and she really stood out from the crowd for all the right reasons. Points taken and next time I am totally going to rock a pony like the one above. What do you think? Would you wear your hair in a simple pony for a Christmas party? Or is it simply too casual?

Fancy giving it a go? Here is the full how to:

P.S: Plus, this festive messy French twist and the awesome metal ponytail holders.
P.P.S: Festive fun with bobby pins.

(Photos by Camille Styles)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not wait for my hair to be long enough so I can try it. It's beautiful.

Jillian Manesh said...

ooo pretty! love this grown-up style. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Kait said...

cute! i might do my hair like this today for work :)

Katie said...

Ooo! Your friend sounds so chic! And I love this idea for a festive hair.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Great idea, Kait!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, she is pretty snazzy, indeed:) I love her style.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk