15 Takes on Homemade Christmas Hostess Gifts

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Do you ever take a little hostess gift when you go over for a Holiday party or an actual Christmas dinner? During the year I mostly wrap a bottle of wine in a sassy tea towel or make something like this, but during the Holidays I love making a bit more effort. It's nice to show some appreciation for all the hard work the host put into creating that wonderfully cheery feast. So, here are 15 wonderful last minute hostess gifts perfect for any type of Christmas dinners or festive parties starting with nr.1 above: Ginger snap cookie box.

2. Hot cocoa, marshmallows & Bailey's jar for afterwards, when the crowd leaves.

3. Homemade beeswax candles for the festive table.

4. Homemade sea salt caramels in a jar.

5. Apple pie Bourbon for New Year's!

6. Mulling spices for cider nights by the fireplace.

7. Saffron cinnamon wreath.

8. Brownie mix because everyone loves them.

9. Mint milk bath to soak her tired feet after a successful dinner party.

10. Hirsheimer's hot and sweet mustard for the husband.

11. Homemade pasta box for next day's lunch.

12. Christmas in a jar.

13. Terrarium kit.

14. Vanilla extract.

15. And Mistletoe.

Which one would you like to give and which one would you like to recieve? xo

P.S: The perfect outfit for Christmas dinner at the in-laws and 10 takes on Christmas gift wrapping.
P.P.S: Plus, let's not forget about these yummy hot chocolate spoons!


Jillian Manesh said...

great ideas! i'd want the caramels! xo jillian

Tiffany Kadani said...

So perfect. I'm absolutely inspired to make my homemade gifts just a little more homey.

Smith And Ratliff said...

This is such a beautiful round-up! I'd be thrilled to get any one of these. Funnily enough, I just posted a Christmas DIY for the home cook, hand-dipped wooden spoons: http://smithratliff.com/2013/12/18/diy-christmas-idea-hand-dipped-wooden-spoons/

Mary Jo said...

Lovely, if only there were more time this week to make things, but living vicariously through you!

xoxo Mary Jo

Steph said...

I think I'd like to give the box of cookies and receive the beeswax candles. Or vice versa :) Lovely post!

Bryony said...

Golly, I'd love to receive just about any of them! They all look so cute and fun. I'd love trying to make the brownie mix in a jar, but I doubt the layers would ever turn out as even and pretty when I did it!

Merry Meri said...

That hot chocolate in a jar with Bailey's is PERFECT for the holiday dinner I'm going to Sunday night!! Thanks for the inspiration :) xox

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..I love that, Tiffany:)

Diana Mieczan said...

They look beautiful, Laura!

Diana Mieczan said...

Mary Jo:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Glad you like it, Steph:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Bryony, I bet your brownies mix jar would look amazing.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...my pleasure, Merry Meri. Have fun!

tutusandtea said...

Undoubtedly the best DIY Christmas gift list I've come across! Bravo dear! Happy Christmas!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...you are the sweetest, tutusandtea! Thank you and Merry Christmas to you too, darling. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk