13 Days till Christmas = 13 Takes on Gingerbread

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Lovelies, what is your all-time favourite Holiday treat or flavour combination? In our home there are two things: fresh clementines and all things gingerbread. Balazs can vouch for me that I take any opportunity to add ginger and molasses to everything I bake right now. I also found that homemade and fresh gingerbread treats are one of the most popular hostess gifts around this time of the year, because people just find them so wonderfully festive and if they are wrapped in a fun tea towel or a sassy little box with a tag, then you really nailed it! So, here are 13 Christmas ready treats all jazzed up with gingerbread, starting with nr.1 above, classic gingerbread men aka the perfect Christmas tree decoration. Here is my tried and tested gingerbread recipe.

2. Bonkers awesome gingerbread spiced marshmallows.

3. Gingerbread men garland.

4. Brandied gingerbread cake. (Ginger and Brandy - what a stellar combo).

5. Gingerbread donuts. Oh yes!

6. Mini gingerbread house for your mulled wine. Sweet!

7. Gingerbread bagels. Yowza!

8. Gingerbread (Making this one tonight).

9. Gingerbread shake.

10. Gluten-free and dairy-free chewy gingerbread bars.

11. Ginger shortbread with cherry icing. So pretty!

12. Gingerbread snowflakes.

13. And Gingerbread house - the classic!

Which one would you like to try? xo.

P.S: Plus, the perfect Christmas potpourri.
P.P.S: A sassy little gift guide is coming up!


Anonymous said...

Same her, we can not get enough of gingerbread cookies.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, yum!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

A gingerbread shake? Yes please!

Diana Mieczan said...

I am all about that shake as well, Marieken:)

Jillian Manesh said...

love the gingerbread man garland! what a fun idea! xo

Mary Jo said...

I love gingerbread in all forms and those donuts lok amazing. Usually I make damp gingerbread but am thinking of trying cookies this year too. Can't wait to wrap them in my gorgeous new tea towels!

xo Mary Jo

Vintage Market Place said...

Makes me wish I liked gingerbread.
these are all so delightful.

Laura Bear said...

AHHH I love this SO much!!! I just made gingerbread ornaments, and I really should have stopped by first, as that ribbon gingerbread chain is SO cute! Great round up! thanks!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...Mary Jo:)

Diana Mieczan said...


Diana Mieczan said...

Glad you like it, Laura:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk