10 Takes on Christmas Gift Wrapping

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Do you like wrapping gifts? My mom always says, a great gift is only half of the surprise as the other half is in the wrapping. So, this year I decided to make an extra effort with the wrapping and here are the 10 beautiful, creative and simply heart-warming wrappings that I have a hard time choosing between. Which one is your favourite? I simply can’t decide, but I love the idea of using brown paper or magazine pages. I’m thinking between nr.1 or nr.3. You?

1. Photos above: using brown paper, tree snippings (woodland charm) and old family photographs.

2. If it's a food gift, you can wrap it in a tea towel and decorate it with rosemary and other herbs.

3. Using magazine pages and red berries.

4. Classic, with white or brown paper and a huge fabric bow.

5. Using a gingerbread reindeer instead of a bow.

6. Creating your own chalkboard packaging.

7. Using brown paper and fresh springs of pine.

8. Jazzing it up especially for kiddos with colourful yarn.

9. Adding a little sparkly wrapping string for a snazzy dash of class.

10. For close family, a large print photo wrapping paper using actual family photos.

P.S: Plus, here are all our this year's gift guides so far.
P.P.S: I also love this twine and here are 15 free printable tags that you might like.

20 comments:

Eliza Jane said...

Oooh I adore the very very first picture, which isn't numbered! I, for once, thought about wrapping this year! I even went out and bought myself some red and white twine. Now I just have to buy the gifts......hahaha xx

Anonymous said...

Your mom is right. I use newspapers every single year with big red fabric bows but I love the idea of using vintage photos as well.

Diana Mieczan said...

Eliza, the first 3 images go under nr.1 :) And happy gift shopping, lovely:)

Jillian Manesh said...

so fun! i love the photo idea and the black paper with white writing!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I love pretty packaging! I like to use pages from magazines, the one with great photo's. And seeing that bread makes me want to have a late night snack....

little t said...

Love this! Especially the wreath one. So beautiful.

I'm really into wrapping and this year I'm packaging mine like airmail parcels, complete with brown paper, string and vintage stamps.

Alicia Mackin said...

These are all such clever and lovely ideas. Book marking this for sure.

Allie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com

Eliza Jane said...

Ah! That makes so much more sense! Lol xx

Fashion art and other fancies said...

All very fine wrapping/gift ideas. I'm no good at such things so I never exchange Xmas presents. lol

Nicole Underwood said...

I love them all and I'm totally doing the chalkboard style on all my gifts this year!

Diana Mieczan said...

I love red fabric bows, Anonymous. They are so fancy-looking, aren't they?

Diana Mieczan said...

Looks delicious, doesn't it, Marieken?

Diana Mieczan said...

I totally adore your idea, little t:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Alicia:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Eliza, xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Nicole, fantastic!!!

Vintage Market Place said...

I love the idea of presents and wrapping!!!
But hate doing it.
This year I just had my son do drawings on newsprint so each gift is wrapped in his artwork.
Amy

LyddieGal said...

I love these rustic and festive, and sweet wrappings!
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

I love your idea, Amy:) How sweet!

Diana Mieczan said...

Lyddie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk