One Day Young

Thursday, November 7, 2013

How touching and precious are those images? If I didn't have baby fever as it is, this photo series by the brilliant Jenny Lewis would certainly seal the deal:) A few years ago after experiencing pregnancy and birth herself, Jenny embarked on a project of snapping photographs of mamas and their babies within 24 hours of their birth. Her aim is to capture the extraordinary bonding, warmth and strength between mother and infant. Also, there is a whole range of amazing emotions as the mothering instinct kicks in. The cool part is that Jenny didn’t know any of the ladies beforehand, so meeting them for the first time must have felt wonderfully surreal. Like entering a little bubble of bliss and coping with the new life :)

I’m curious, if you could, would you let Jenny snap your photo? xo

P.S: Baby faces.
P.P.S: Plus, babies and age.

(via My Modern Met. From top: Cassie and Levi, Jenny and Max, Tara and Penelope, Clemmie and Imo, Hazel and Ruby, Helen and Hudson, Joti and Kiran, Jenny and Nora and Kyle and Winona)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have this exact moment in about 5to6 weeks. I am scared but extied like you wont believe - Jennifer

holtkamp said...

These are so sweet, I love this idea! With my first I had no idea what was going on but I think for our second in February I'd like to have a photographer capture those moments.

Liesl said...

My younger sister just had her 1st little baby and so this makes me smile....so sweet! :)

Tish said...

Your posts lately just bring the warmth :)

Polly Rowan said...

SO sweet! I love the way they are still so curled up. In little balls and their legs havent stretched out yet. cute!

tutusandtea said...

What a precious way to start the day!!! I love the concept and intimacy of these pictures… what a great idea! Thanks for sharing dear!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I absolutely would! I love the photos I have of myself with my newborn daughters - no matter how tired I look, I also look just as happy as I am :-)

I love this series!

Jillian Manesh said...

this is So sweet and such a good idea! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..I am so excited for you, Jennifer!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...holtkamp:) Congrats, lovely. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Diana Mieczan said...

Congrats to your sister, Liesl:) How special.

Diana Mieczan said...

You made my day with your sweet comment, Tish:) Aww...Thanks, darling.

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Polly!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Elisa:) I love that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk