How To Make Aloe Water

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Have you heard? Seems that aloe vera is the new coconut water:) I had no idea how good aloe vera really was till very recently. The only thing I remember from childhood is my grandmother cutting little pieces of it to cure our earaches, but this is a whole new ball game. I read that drinking aloe vera replenishes your body naturally with a huge range of nutrients, like 200 active components including - vitamins A, B1,B2,B6, B12, C, E, folic acid and Niacin. Who knew?

So when the other day I spotted this homemade take on aloe water, I got super excited. My friend Laura has an aloe vera plant in her house so tomorrow morning we are going to give it a try. If we like it, we are planning to stock up on it:).

Have you ever used aloe vera? Would you try aloe water? xo

P.S: Plus, the energy boosting chia fresca and the scrumptious hot chocolate with red wine.
P.P.S: To keep the flu away:)

(Photos by Brigette for Free People)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

My family and I love aloe juice. I buy it in the healty store but this seems even better.

Mary Jo said...

It looks pretty, but eek seems like it might not taste good. I'll be waiting to hear how you like it. I could never get with coconut water because it smells so bad.

xo Mary Jo

little t said...

My Dad has an aloe vera plant so I'll have to try this!

Melissa Blake said...

This is making me so thirsty! :)

Fashion art and other fancies said...

We drink aloe water in the West Indies on a daily basis.

Anonymous said...

We use aloe for sunburn , which we try not to get too often and it works a treat .... except my youngest daughter had a massive allergic reaction and ended up in hospital. So as much as I see the juice I go for the coconut instead.

Elie said...

I've never used aloe vera but if I had the chance I 'd try it...

Diana Mieczan said...

Wonderful, Anonymous!

Diana Mieczan said...

Mary Jo, we mixed it with a bit of orange juice. It's not too bad on its own but with the juice it tasted great.

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, little t:)

Diana Mieczan said...

How cool, Fashion art and other fancies.

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh no, Anonymous! Poor little thing....

Laura Bear said...

I've only ever used it for sunburns! I'm going to have to try this!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Laura:)

Em Weiss (SimplyBellezza) said...

I have an aloe plant at home that seems to be growing super fast to a point that it is outgrowing its little pot. This would be a great idea for curbing that growth. ;-) I wouldn't have ever thought to *drink* it. =)

Diana Mieczan said...

Em, I love that you have an aloe plant in your home:) I am getting one too. Can't wait!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk