How To Get Rid Of Stressful Thoughts

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ever wondered if there was a way to get rid of your stressful thoughts? Well, there is and it’s called: thought defusion. When I first heard how simple it is, I felt a bit silly for not thinking about it sooner. But you know what they say: the smallest things do the most good. So if you fancy stress free days, here is how it works.

Next time when you’re stressed out, say your stressful thought out loud but do it very slowly with a large gap between each word. Repeat it two to three times, and then notice how it's no longer stressful.

For example last week I had this big meeting I was panicking about. On the way there, I kept on saying to myself: I will screw it up...I am not ready... and then suddenly when I realized what I am actually saying, I started to laugh. The concept of saying things out loud really works since you actually realize that they are not that bad after all.

Would you give it a go? Try it and tell me how it worked for you:) Do you get stressed often? xo

P.S: Your anti-stress hero.
P.P.S: Plus this little trick:)

(Tip via Mark Atkison. Photo of Liv Tyler via Lindsay)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stress myself all the time so this will be a very welcome trick for me to try out.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, hope it helps:)

Monica | Hola!design said...

good tip. I have a lot on my plate right now, so it's good to know.
Thanks!

Mary Jo said...

Thank you for this Diana! I just did it and laughed before I could finish -- it works, now if it could just solve the problem!

xo Mary Jo

That's Not My Age said...

I'm going to give it a go.

Claudz said...

worth a try!

Sini said...

This helps for sure, specially if you laugh after as it makes you feel better :) If I'm stressed or nervous, I try to think a situation where I felt very good, what surely makes me smile and it takes stress away.

Diana Mieczan said...

Sure, Monica:) How was the move?

Diana Mieczan said...

Mary Jo :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, That's Not My Age:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Sini, I love your trick. I will try it too:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk