Festive Fun With Bobby Pins

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Last Wednesday I treated myself to a haircut and a scalp massage after months of growing out my bangs. It’s officially gone for now but I am positive, I will change my mind by next spring. Anyway, my hair is a lot shorter, but still considerably long, so I can play with different hairdos. I usually like unfussy solutions, so when I spotted this little triangle ‘do’ made totally out of simple bobby pins, I was sold and I wore it like it’s my job for most of last week. I even got a few compliments while out and about from total strangers. I also tried the 2 x-s' and tomorrow I am planning to ask my friend Sofia to help me make the chevron pattern for my low French bun as we are going for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner party to Balazs' work-friend. Ah, bobby pins, you are so darn awesome:) Would you try any of the bobby pins dos above?

P.S: Here are a few others you might like (the star tickles my fancy).
P.P.S: And more hair goodness including this messy French twist that I am planning to wear on Thursday:)

(Photos by/via Mucho Mucho Bueno Bueno, The Doppelganger, The Glossy Life, Free People, Style)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to try them all and I need a haircut asap. Hmm, I should treat myself this week. Thanks for the inspiration Diana. Jill

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Jill:)

Lady Grey said...

oh my goodness, these are fabulous ideas!
xo

ivette said...

change is always good...I think I change my hair every 6 months or so..I get bored with looks so fast..actually, with everything so fast :s... anyway..cool pics!..I love the triangle in the first photo!

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanessa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Ivette. Change is always good:)

LyddieGal said...

the chevron pins are so cute and clever. I would have never thought to show off bobby pins, I always make sure they are hidden when I use them!
Chic on the Cheap

Tiffany Kadani said...

JUST this morning I thought, "I need cuter bobby pins." So adorable!

Just Another Shopaholic said...

These are all fab!!

Kait said...

super into the first one!

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Kait, it's my favourite too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk