Yup, it's that time of the year when the exPress-o gift guide train is ready to leave the station with a bunch of gift guides for all budgets, tons of different interests, sass factors, coolness and niftiness. Some will be dashing and a bit quirky while others will be heart-warming and sweet. I hope you will find 'that something special' for every single friend and family member. That is my Christmas wish because there is nothing better than the feeling when someone you love opens a gift you chose and their face lights up. Priceless!
So to make the gift hunt easier, starting today for the next 4 weeks you can expect 2-3 gift guides popping out each week starting with these 11 perfect little treats for those stargazers in your life.
You know, that friend who loves horoscopes and wants to go for a tarot reading with you. Or the brother who is so into all things astronomy or even your husband who loves looking at stars at night, just because. Ready?
Here we go:
1. Grand Central Terminal - star gazing picnic ($0). Just grab some wine and cheese and take your friend/husband/sister/mom to enjoy an afternoon looking up at the ceiling over the Main Concourse where the famous mural of stars is painted by the incredible Paul Helleu. Here is a little secret: if you look very carefully, you will see a patch of dark on the restored mural that was left there on purpose to remind everyone how much work was done to it.
2. Constellation mug ($13) - so your boyfriend or your friend can take his/her morning coffee to the moon and back. From Orion and Hercules to Cassiopea and Scorpius, eleven dotted constellations form before their eyes, as they drink their latte, tea, or cappuccino.
3. Starry constellation matches ($4) for that nifty little gadget in his pocket.
4. Full moon pullover ($48) for those who believe that moon has special powers:)
5. Starry night bar pendant ($26) to give that sass-factor to their everyday wardrobe.
6. Diamond crescent moon ring ($208) to the mom who loves all things moon.
7. Milky Way projector dome ($16) for the nights when he can't sleep. He will always know that it was you who gave him the Milky Way in the bedroom:)
8. Name a star ($20- $120) after your loved one. Does it get any better than that?
9. A dandy twinkle star bracelet ($30) for the star in her own name.
10. A canvas art piece of Vincent van Gogh's 1888 'Starry Night Over The Rhone' ($40) so she or he can feel like they are in the Musee d'Orsay in Paris every single day.
11. Galaxy nail polish ($12).
What caught your eye? xo
P.S: Also, here are six 2010 gift guides, five 2011 gift guides and seven 2012 gift guides!
(Layout and design by exPress-o. Top image via EH. 'Stargazer' poem by Alaska Gold)