A Nifty Tip To Looking Effortless This Holiday Party Season

Tuesday, November 12, 2013




Since the Holiday parties are just around the corner, many of us are starting to quietly panic on what to wear. Am I right? It's always the worry not to look overdressed, underdressed or feeling incredibly uncomfortable in the outfit you ended up in. Sounds familiar? Well, Balazs and I have a few Holiday party invitations but instead of sweating the little details, I decided to use only one style trick: it’s all in the grey top!

Yup, just pair your favourite grey crew-neck sweatshirt or T-shirt with dressy bottoms like a velvet maxi, a leather or sequin skirt, black suit pants or even silk pants if you have one + add a stylish blazer and a lipstick - that is it, you are ready to roll. The grey top gives the best canvas to your more flashy/elegant bottoms while looking oh-so effortless, fresh and sassy. Believe me, next time you are standing by that water cooler, sipping eggnog with your colleagues and laughing at their semi-lame jokes, you will feel amazing and it will show! Have fun:) Gosh, I miss office chatter:) xo

Would you give it a go? What would you pair your grey top with? xo

P.S: Plus, grey coats and grey hair.
P.P.S: And a few other trends that might also tickle your fancy:)

(Tip via Style Caster. Photos by/via The Eye, Whatstrend, Le Fashion, Riches for Rags, Le Catch, The Sartorialist, Garance Doré)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the type who thinks I know what I will wear for my office Christmas party, but when it comes to it, I panic the night before and rush to the store to get something last min. Love this tip.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, hope it will help you this Holiday season:)

Elie said...

Great tip! So simple yet so effective...

Katie said...

Love this tip! I can wear neutrals, which is what I mostly wear year round and feel comfortable, but be able to add in a bit of sparkle and color. I just bought a bright red lipstick this weekend (Bobbi Brown Red) and that will be perfect for holiday parties. I've also been looking at all the fun necklaces from J. Crew. One of those would be perfect for sprucing up a simple grey top. Question for you all, do you sport just one (just a red lip) or both (red lip and crazy, bliggy necklace)?

Polly Rowan said...

I love those casual tees! And the necklace in the third picture is just gorgeous.

Ela said...

These creations are beautiful and very elegant :)
Greetings !

Alexa said...

Seriously a gray top is amazing. These are all fantastic examples of looking chic and classy without too much fuss!

Melissa Blake said...

Awesome idea!! Those looks are great!

Jillian Manesh said...

love these looks esp the tee + sparkly skirt! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Eliza Jane said...

Oh wow, how beautiful are these girls and their style?! I've a couple fancy bottoms that I now can't wait to try with a casual top! Thanks for the tip! x

Diana Mieczan said...

Elie, glad you like it:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I love Bobbi Brown lipsticks, Katie:) Also, I usually just sport bold lips or a flashy necklace but I've seen girls wearing both at the same time and they looked amazing. I think, it all depends on how big the necklace is and how bold the colours are. Hope that makes sense:) Btw: Russian Red by MAC is very festive as well:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Polly, I am so with you on that:) That necklace rocks.

Diana Mieczan said...

Alexa :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, I love that one too.

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Eliza:) Have fun!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

oh my goodness - i adore all of these looks SO much!

LyddieGal said...

these look do look so perfect, and so cozy. I know I'd add a great statement necklace too!
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Lyddie, great idea!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Love this! Especially the first three photos!

Lisa said...

After reading this post I decided to try it out. I paired a grey t-shirt I have with a white and black striped long skirt and black heels. I topped it off with a side pony tail and red lipstick, and I got compliments at the office about how 'chic' I looked!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk