Winter Blues Remedy: Sunshine in a pot.

Monday, October 21, 2013



Would you have a miniature citrus fruit tree in your home? Each time I take my dogs for a walk, I pass by this beautifully rustic flower shop. For the past few weeks I’ve noticed them having a few lemon and orange tree plants placed by the window and ever since I spotted them, I totally want to get one for our flat. The problem is that our home is not the sunniest of all and I’m not great at keeping more problematic plants alive. So, after a few ah’s and oh’s I went on to research on how much care those beauties really need and to my surprise, they are pretty easy going.  They love full sun and humidity but they will be totally fine in a mostly light, airy room with warm temperature. Plus, if you buy the right kind, they will make your flat smell like an orange blossom all year round.  

Btw: my friend claims they help with winter blues as well. Sweet, isn’t it? What do you think? Do you have one already? xo

P.S: Radiator shelf + plants and the meaning of cacti.
P.P.S: Plus, another awesome winter blues remedy.

(Photos via Little Green Notebook, Design*Sponge, Bookmarks, Bethany Baker, Vancouver Sun)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom has a mini-lemon tree that blooms and gives fruits every single year. Its the most amazing thing. Go for it!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I'm in need of some sunshine!

Christianna said...

I love the idea of having a citrus tree in your house! It's so pretty and bright and what not! I'm gonna need to look into this when I get my own place!

wilma van asch said...

Looks great, I like that idea

LyddieGal said...

I would LOVE a mini orange tree! How fun!
Chic on the Cheap

Jillian Manesh said...

LOVE this idea! it would be so wonderful to have a lemon tree :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

M. said...

that's beautiful, now I want one for my home!

littlepiccoli said...

Oh soooo pretty! We tried having one and it died the same season. :-(( And don't forget that I live in southern italy.

xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, that sounds so wonderful! Thanks!

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Marieken :)

Diana Mieczan said...

M :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh no, littlepiccoli!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk