Windowsill Sprouting.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

If the coldish weather is not your thing or you want to try your green thumb skills for one more time before the gloominess of the winter, here is something awesome you can do - plant a jar of lentil sprouts on your windowsill :)

This autumn and winter I am determinant to keep greenery around the flat to trick my brain into spring-like happiness. So when last week I spotted Gabrielle’s nifty guide to lentil sprout planting, I literally got up and went to buy a jar, cheesecloth and a few rubber bands to get started. I planted everything over the weekend and by today I can already see the beans splitting open :) It’s so exciting since it’s very easy to do and till recently, I didn’t realize how healthy those rascals are. Did you know that they help cleanse and stimulate the kidneys, strengthen the heart and circulation and increase energy and vitality? They have tons more benefits but the thing I am looking forward most is eating something I planted with soups, salads, curries or stir-fries. Balazs keeps on saying that he will be adding them to sandwiches:) Can’t wait! Would you try it? xo

P.S: Winter blues remedy:)
P.P.S: 3 nifty tricks to keep basil fresh for up to 2 weeks!

(Photos by Honest Fare)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must try this. I am a warm season type of person and this might actually keep me going all winter long. Thanks

Alexa said...

Such a cool thing to do in autumn. Love the concept.

Fashion art and other fancies said...

We do this during the winter months.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, it surely well:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Alexa:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk