Vintage Paris

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Le sigh, what would I give to sneak into the mid-20th century Paris. It was all about simple daily pleasures, like playing instruments and dancing in public parks, taking a breather on the grass and getting lost in each other's eyes, enjoying those tummy butterflies after little stolen smooches and having endless evenings with a glass of wine with a stranger in the bar. An amazing Hungarian photojournalist, Paul Almásy spent his life documenting the intimate and cheeky side of Paris. His images are an ode to the city, bearing the photographer's own love for Parisian culture and lifestyle. Oh boy, there is an undeniable air about the city of love that transcends time. Swoonworthy, don't you think? xo

P.S: Fancy more Parisian goodness?
P.P.S: A beautiful GIVEAWAY Wednesday is coming up!

(via My Modern Met)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to do it all, please. I need to make the Paris trip happen next spring.

Jillian Manesh said...

aww i love these photos! they makes me want to go back to paris so bad. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Maddy said...

This looks so beauuuutifulllll. I've only been to Paris as a wee child (ok I was 9) and I can't wait to go back. Must make it happen! As an adult!

...must get passport first. Shhhh.

Alicia Mackin said...

Oh my I can see what you mean Le sigh here too. Living in Europe looks like it would be my cup of tea. Have always felt a bit of out place in the US even though born and raised here.

Ali of Dressing Ken

M. said...

beautiful! one of my dreams, to spend some time wandering around Paris.

Tiffany Kadani said...

The last photo's my favorite. I want to dance by the river!

Elsa de Diego said...

Beyond beautiful! :) Only in Paris, right? Will be visiting very soon...XO!

LyddieGal said...

sometimes i wish i could step back in time, everything seems so magical!
Chic on the Cheap

LyddieGal said...

wouldn't it be so wonderful to travel back in time? I think it would just be so fun and beautiful.
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, Paris in spring is stunning:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Maddy:) You totally should go...We love it there.

Diana Mieczan said...

Ali, you are so spot on with your comment...Europe is so amazing!

Diana Mieczan said...

M, love what you said:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Tiffany:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Lucky girl, Elsa and Lyddie, totally!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk