Travel Lust: Lausanne in Switzerland

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Picture waking up to the view of Lake Geneva, the sounds of the water dancing with the morning wind and the fresh air of the majestic Alps knocking on your windows. Now, think about spending your day getting utterly lost in the little alleys full of architecture, art and music of this hilly city. Dreamy, isn’t it? I can totally picture myself spending there a long weekend. Taking little breathers while munching on Raclette cheese and basking in the glory of that spectacular sunset. Last week I read an article about Lausanne - this French speaking hidden gem is the 3rd most visited town in Switzerland. Isn’t it dreamy? Have you ever been to Switzerland?

P.S: Bivouac NYC.
P.P.S: Perseids meteor shower.

(Photos by Andrey Avtomonov, klOrklOr, Karim Kanoun and via The Telegraph)


Anonymous said...

I've never seen a sunset that beautiful. Europe is magical.

Diana Mieczan said... really is, Anonymous :)

els manning said...

Been to Switzerland several times. And i think it is one of my favorite countries. There is so much un touched space. Where it looks time stood still. The people overall are super kind. And i love the food. The Jungfrau, and Grindelwald ... The lakes... yup love Switserland!

Kristina said...

Lausanne is beautiful no doubt!! Always enjoyed strolling along Lake Geneva.... ahhh, I miss Switzerland! x

Diana Mieczan said...

Els, that sounds wonderful and I really want to try Jungfrau and Grindelwald now.

Diana Mieczan said...

Kristina, aww...I bet!

Ira Jones said...

Wow, amazing photos. I was in Lausanne last winter. Everybody speaks in French. I’ll admit that my French is a little rusty, not having used it in a while. I was interested in taking some classes in French, but I found myself trying to decipher the French more than understanding the class material. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk