To keep the flu away.

Monday, October 21, 2013

I'm curious, during the flu season do you take medicine or do you try natural remedies instead? How about immunity boosters? This year, Balazs and I are going for natural solutions. So in hopes to boost our immune system, we started having a spoonful of homemade elderberry syrup each day for the past two weeks. I got the idea from Erin who swears by it and to our surprise, it's actually pretty tasty!

Plus, it feels good to help our body prepare for the germs in a natural type of way instead of later trying to fight them with heavy medications. Best part of all: it’s incredibly easy to make. You just need to get a bag of dried elderberries from an organic herb shop, a glass bottle, raw honey, a cinnamon stick, cloves and water. That is it. Here is the full how to.

Psst: Elderberry is full in antioxidants, potassium, beta carotene, calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin C. What are your favourite immunity boosters during the flu season? xo

P.S: Plus, this sleep salve and this little autumn booster with special ingredient.
P.P.S: Superfood mocktail.

(Photos by Erin Boyle)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I drink a probiotic each morning but I feel like I need something more to secure me. This might wok for me.

Polly Rowan said...

sounds lovely! i make sure I have plenty of fruit and veg (especially oranges for vitamin C) and enough sleep to keep my immune system healthy :)

Jillian Manesh said...

i always get a flu shot...but this sounds nicer :) happy monday! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Jana Miller @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

My favorite is Astragulus! Tiny little capsules that spike your immune response :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, it works great and it will go well with your daily probiotic:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Polly, I love that! Sleep is oh-so important, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, I am so scared of flu shots.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jana, I am totally going to check out Astragulus. Thanks!

Robin said...

I always take 1 tsp raw honey mixed with 1/4 tsp organic cinnamon...at the first sign of a cold, and it really works. Never had a flu shot but got the flu last year, now I don't know what to do...I'm going to try this, thanks for posting it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Robin, my pleasure it really works great! Btw: I am going to remember your honey/cinnamon mix. It sounds brilliant! Thanks:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk