The DNA of The Parisian Style

Thursday, October 3, 2013


Fancy looking like a true Parisian this autumn? My goal for the next few gloomy months is to keep it simple yet cozy with tons of French layers based on 7 classics. Basically I am hoping to be channeling the amazing InĂ©s de la Fressange.

I am starting with her 7 must haves that will make any outfit stylish and a bit more French in that understated snazzy way. Bonus: they won’t break your bank because you probably have a few of them in your closet already. Are you in? If you are, here are the seven items that make up the true Parisian DNA.

1. A classic blazer.
2. An iconic trench.
3. A simple white tee.
4. A cozy navy sweater.
5. Your favourite jeans that look awesome on you.
6. A little black dress.
7. A great leather jacket.
+ This nail polish for autumn that I am wearing today.

You can mix them, match them and layer them as you wish. Last week I wore this little black dress with black tights and a leather jacket for a date night with Balazs, and yesterday evening I layered the tee with a sweater, a blazer and my new favourite trench coat for a coffee and a walk with a friend. Simple and oh-so stylish. Love!

P.S: Bicycling Parisian style:)
P.P.S: How to wear scarves like a true Parisian.

(Photos via Left my heart in Paris and Hip Paris. Layout by exPress-o)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just found the nicest leather jacket. I love how it looks and I will be following those seven rules as well. Thanks

That's Not My Age said...

I'm a big fan of Parisian style - though I do think Ines looks quite British with her tweed cap on!

Ann said...

It is really simple
but looks so chic.

Katie said...

Diana, you nailed the Parisian DNA! I love the list and the inspiration!! Now I just need the trench and leather jacket and I'm all set! :)

Jillian Manesh said...

yep it's official i LOVE parisian style :) sign me up :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I love the nailpolish, tres chic!

Elsa de Diego said...

Ines de la Fressange is an icon! I have her style book, it is pretty awesome. And her lovely daughter is exactly like her. Great post! Xo,

Claudz said...

Can I get the Parisian lifestyle to go with the Parisian fashion?

Fashion art and other fancies said...

Whilst I appreciate the Parisian style I always prefer to dress like me;-)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Anonymous!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ann, totally true!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Katie!!! And thank you, darling.

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I LOVE it, Marieken Hoefnagel:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Elsa, so true! Her daughter is so adorable!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Claudz:)

janice jones said...

My favorite style is basic good since, Parisian Style is perfect for everyone! I love it!

Sayuri said...

Beautiful photos. I love her hair style and her overall look.

Sayuri said...

I'd like to pin the photos, but I can't. I saw your pintrest button, but it doesn't show photos on this post...

Diana Mieczan said...

Sayuri, you can also pin them directly from my pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/44543483788051604/

Hope that helps!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk