Store it as an ice cube.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

If like me, you always feel bad for throwing away unfinished pesto jars, dried herbs or tomato paste cans, here is a great solution - freeze them in ice cube trays and they will come in handy next time you cook. Nifty, isn’t it? Above are a few of my autumn favourites: tomato paste for sauces, broth for soups, herbs with oil for pastas and pesto for pizzas or sandwiches. Yum! xo

P.S: Plus a handful of jazzy takes on waterice(cube) coffee, vanilla ice, chocolate ice cubes heaven and how to safe leftover wine:)
P.P.S: An awesome GIVEAWAY Wednesday is coming up!

(Photos by James Ransom for/via Food52)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to start doing this especially with the tomato paste. I usually use just a spoon of it and the rest ends up in the rubbish. Jill

Jillian Manesh said...

this is SUCH a smart idea! i need to start doing this asap. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Chrissy said...

Love this idea! I will definitely be trying this! xxx

Monica | Hola!design said...

very smart! I have to start freezing stuff. sometimes i throw away food and feel guilty about it.

Elsa de Diego said...

Great solution! I freak out when I think about all the food/money we end up throwing away! Muah!

Diana Mieczan said...

Same here! I usually just use a spoonful of it and those cubes are perfect for it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Chrissy!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh me too, Monica. I feel so bad...

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Elsa? Good point!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk