Sleep Salve

Monday, October 14, 2013

Are you a bad sleeper? I am! I fall asleep literally immediately after my head hits the pillow but at about 3 am my inner clock gets messed up and thinks it’s time to get up. I used to toss and turn, get incredibly restless, count sheep (that didn’t help) and even get up and brew myself a cup of hot milk with honey.

But recently I discovered Ashley’s homemade sleep salve and after hunting down all the ingredients, I can’t imagine my life without it. Nowadays as soon as 3 am comes about, I put a bit of it on my temples, my forehead, my wrists and under my nose, as Ashley suggested and drift off to a blissful sleep in no time. Its scent is wonderfully calming with lavender, rosewood, sandalwood and tangerine. Even Balazs uses it sometimes when he has a hard time falling asleep :) Here is the full how to. What's your sleeping trick? xo

P.S: Plus, this little sleeping gem:)
P.P.S: Morning of champions.

(Photos by Jen Altman for Design*Sponge)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have problem with falling a sleep. I tried everythin but nothing seemed to help so far. I can't wait to make this salve. Fingers crossed it will work my me too.

Heba Lateef said...

i have to try that
Thanks for sharing :)

Tiffany Kadani said...

I actually am a really really good sleeper. It's a blessing, really. But, I think things like this would help me get an even more restful sleep, and who doesn't need that?

Mary Jo @trustyourstyle said...

This sounds worth a try. My sleep schedule has been out of whack lately. Thanks for the suggestion!

xo Mary Jo

Jillian Manesh said...

i have a pretty good sleep schedule but if i dont go to bed before 10 i am pretty off the whole next day. weekends i can stretch it a little later (like 11? whoa wildchild!) but i still like to get a good solid 8 hours in. and i realllly cant sleep in anymore on the weekends which makes me sad. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Katie said...

That sounds wonderful! I rarely have any problems sleeping, but my husband has a lot of difficulties. I think I'll make some of this for him. Thanks for sharing!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I bet it will work:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Heba!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh so true, Tiffany!!! (Plus, what a lucky girl).

Diana Mieczan said...

Mary Jo, Mine too...I need more sleep:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, solid 8 hours sleeps are the best, aren't they? They are so darn refreshing:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, you totally should make it for him. He will really enjoy it - I promise! xo

holtkamp said...

i've never had sleep problems until recently, i definitely need this!

Diana Mieczan said...

holtkamp, it will really help:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk