Simple + Scrumptious Baked Eggs.

Monday, October 28, 2013

There are two things certain about eggs. One - you will never find a family who agrees on their favourite type of eggs; and two - when Amanda Hesser makes eggs, you know it will be your new favourite :)

That lady really knows her stuff so it was a no brainer for us what to have for breakfast over the weekend. Here is the thing: I had baked eggs before but never with cream. We usually used milk which is delicious but the cream takes the dish to the next level and makes it perfectly comforting for those autumn lazy mornings. Plus, let me just say that bread will never taste the same after we tried the rosemary oil take on it. Mind blowingly easy! (Here is the recipe).

What’s your favourite take on eggs? Scrambled, poached, omelette, benedicts, baked, grilled cheese or dippy eggs? xo

P.S: If you like food essays, this book might tickle your fancy.
P.P.S: Solo dinner dates and how to tell if an egg is fresh.

(Photos by James Ransom for Design*Sponge)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We used milk too but cream sounds even better. Wish i had this recipe yesterday but nothing lost, I will make it next weekend. Thanks.
-Ola

Jillian Manesh said...

mmmm ive never had baked eggs but i really want to try them! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Mary Jo @trustyourstyle said...

I love eggs all sorts of ways although I didn't eat them for the last 20 years until just recently. Now I like them best poached on wilted spinach on toast. I will have to try this recipe, it sounds delish!

xo

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

These look delicious! I should get myself some lunch :-) And I will definitely try these later this week.

Ana Degenaar said...

May I please come over for breakfast and have this!? Yum!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ola, fantastic:) I bet you will love it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, you totally should.

Diana Mieczan said...

Wow, 20 years, Mary Jo? That is incredible. What made you change your mind? (So interesting).

Diana Mieczan said...

Marieken, have a wonderful lunch-break:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Ana:) Anytime, love!

Vintage Market Place said...

Eggs are my go to.
I have them every morning (eggwhites) and for dinner as well. With my limited menu of foods eggs always are the go to. I miss runny egg yokes and fried oh I miss fried eggs, but alas my health won't allow such goodness anymore so enjoy for me:)
Amy

Diana Mieczan said...

I will, Amy! Btw: I LOVE egg white omelette with spinach:) YUM!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk