Nifty Little Stress-Busting Trick

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Ever since I started going for acupuncture, I've been really enjoying the effect of it. It’s funny because I actually look forward to the appointments, which is a big change from being scared of needles. Anyway, after the second visit I’ve been given a nifty little acupressure trick to help me keep the tension under wraps throughout the week. The best part is that you can do it by using your thumb and a few drops of lavender oil - that is it!

I’m usually pretty sceptical when it comes to quick fixes, but this one really works. I love that such a simple little thing can really bring balance and help centre ourselves before the stress overtakes us and makes our day miserable.

Fancy trying it? Well, first apply 3 drops of lavender oil onto one of your thumbs. Next, start massaging and applying pressure with your lavender dipped thumb to the area between your thumb and your index finger of your other hand. Count slowly up to 60 and you are done. The pressure triggers the stress points in your body and helps release tension, balancing the circulation of fluids and energies in the body in an instant. The lavender oil helps soothe your senses and eliminate your anxiousness and tension. Ta dah!

Would you try it? Do you get stressed? What's your go to stress-busting trick? xo

P.S: Your anti-stress hero and 5 ways to care for yourself when you're too busy.
P.P.S: Do you remember this sweet little project?
(Photo by Free People)


Anonymous said...

I'd love to try acupuncture but the idea of someone sticking needles in my body freaks me out. I must get over it and just try it because your post sounds very good. Plus, my task today is to get lavender oil on the way from work.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I was scared too but as soon as you try it, you will be hooked. Promise!

Monica | Hola!design said...

I've heard about it, but haven't tried it yet!

Katie said...

Ooo! Thanks for this tip! This might be good to do during a flight. I'll always get nervous and anxious during take off and the smoothing smell of lavender would take my mind off it.

Diana Mieczan said...

It works great, Monica:)

Diana Mieczan said...

For sure, Katie:) Good idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk