New York City Ballet's Ballerinas On and Off Duty Style

Monday, October 14, 2013

Have you ever wondered how ballerinas dress outside the rehearsal studio? Back in the day the New York City Ballet mostly chose dancers that were fair-skinned, feminine with an innocent, doll-like quality - 30 years on, dancers are blending in with the city’s trendy, contemporary style.

So when I spotted this Huffington interview with 3 ballerinas from the New York City Ballet, I couldn’t stop reading as it’s always incredible to see how their everyday style differs from the one at the rehearsals. Above are Janie Taylor’s, Tiler Peck’s and Gretchen Smith’s style on and off duty. I especially love Tiler’s easy-going groove of leather jacket, jeans and Converse.

Ballerinas rock, don’t they?

Fun fact: Ballerinas often alter their clothing themselves to fit their individual needs. So they are very handy with scissors, sewing machines and they're masters in cutting out a bra top out of a pair of tights. Genius!


P.S: Desperately perfect...
P.P.S: Ballerina's legs.

(Thanks, Shelby. Photos by HPMG/Raydene Salinas)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend is a ballerina and she has the prettiest posture and when she walks it looks like she is flowing in the air. Beautiful.

Diana Mieczan said...

I love what you said, Anonymous:)

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i love both of their styles - in and out of the studio!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I love the bright orange jacket!

Elsa de Diego said...

Oh, I love love this! These girls are magical! :) Thanks for sharing! Xo,

Jess said...

I love how comfortable dancers always look! Their style feels so effortless!

Fashion art and other fancies said...

I am a ballerina. This is my world.

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Illy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

It's sassy, isn't it, Marieken Hoefnagel?

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...my pleasure, Elsa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Very true, Jess!

Diana Mieczan said...

Fashion art and other fancies:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk