If you could have one day, what would you do?

Thursday, October 24, 2013


Inspired by Diane's post, last Saturday Balazs and I made a pact to turn off our phones, switch off the computers, ignore all the messages that were piling up, forget about the laundry and just spend the day doing nothing special really. Since both of us are freelancers and the type that work from home, we tend to get work emails, calls, even meetings over the weekend as well, especially Balazs. So this was something really different for us. In result we ended up spending the day in the most relaxing unplanned way.

We woke up late, brew coffee and sipped it while watching an episode of Raymond and just hung around for a bit. Then, we went on exploring the neighbourhood and ate our weight in grilled fresh fish with the best garlic dip I've ever had. I  also laughed at Balazs's jokes, he told me about a few of his high school girl-crushes that I haven’t heard before and we ended up taking those photos above of autumn berries on the way home. I remember as a child playing with them in the sandpit. I think I used to decorate my mud pies with them :) Classy. It was a wonderful day and we are planning to make this a regular 'thing'. Ah, the simple pleasures of life :)

I'm curious, if you could have one day totally free from work or chores, what would you do? xo

P.S: Remember this little short?
P.P.S: All about simple romance.

(Photos by exPress-o)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usualy don't comment but I wanted to tell you how much your posts inspire me. Thank you and I can not wait to recreate a day like that sometime soon, before our baby is born.

Elsa de Diego said...

Lovely! You should definitely make of this a weekly thing. We call it Sundays (kidding...sort of!) This Spring Michael and I started biking together. We would do a lot of miles, for hours. It was so relaxing! I could disconnect completely! Really powerful! Muah!

Chrissy said...

Ah, sounds wonderful! I would do the exact same thing, spend time with my loved ones, or maybe even just spend time on my own doing things I normally don't get to do as a part-time working mom, like getting a massage or a mani/pedi all by myself! haha xxx

Maddy said...

A day with your partner and no cell phones?? Alright, in this imaginary land, I would probably go to a long & lazy brunch, with corny jokes on both sides, then go do something touristy we'd never done before like take an Alcatraz tour or walk across the GG Bridge. Then go home early, order takeout, he wouldn't mind if I ate all of the naan, and watch some tv in bed.

Man I'm old.

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

good for you! weekends like that are so necessary and cherished. :)

Minha vida de campo said...

Queria não um dia mas um tempo para ficar em casa cuidando do jardim.
Bjos e tenha um ótimo dia.

Steph said...

Sounds pretty perfect to me! :)

Vintage Market Place said...

Sounds lovely
I think we all need a day to unwind and restart.
I kinda had a half day of this and I spent it browsing my favorite quilt shop and yarn store :)
Made me very happy!
Amy

Monica | Hola!design said...

these pics are so pretty,D!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, awww...your comment just melted my heart:) Thank you!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

I love biking, Elsa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy, massage and mani/pedi sounds perfect to me! Oh yes:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Maddy, I love that!

Diana Mieczan said...

Minha :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Monica:)

Katie said...

What a lovely challenge! My husband and I just got back from a trip to England, where we had no access to internet or our phones. I thought I might miss the social media, but neither of us did. It was sheer bliss and really helped us unwind and relax!!

If I had a day free of work and chores, I'd sleep in, go out for brunch, maybe get some pampering (like a massage or visit this great ladies spa in Chicago with a sauna/steam room/hot tub and relaxation room), or go to a museum which I so rarely do any more, do some shoe shopping and eventually meet my sweetie for a nice dinner and a big glass of red wine. Damn! I want that day now!

Claudz said...

I love this idea! I think we are going to try it soon. I would love to spend my day just relaxing, maybe working in our new garden and exploring parts of my city that I haven't seen.
Definitely will include a long lunch!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, ohh that sounds wonderful:) How was England?

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Claudz! You will love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk