exPress-o Film Club: The Ugly Truth

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Have you seen The Ugly Truth? What did you think? Am I the only one who loves to re-watch great romantic comedies? I had a long day yesterday, so after the hustle and bustle of the day, I made pasta and watched for the 100th time this little comedy. It’s one of my favourites not only because it has Gerard Butler in it, but also because it has some of the funniest one-liners. If you haven’t seen it yet, you must.

The story is about an epic stand-off in the battle of the sexes. There is an uptight, ambitious, prissy and control freak telly producer who scares men and doesn’t know how to pick them. And as you probably guessed already, there is also an easy-going, handsome, super confident, all-out-there lad. What can I say, opposites attract. If that didn’t convince you to slip into your comfy leggings and place your bottom on the sofa, this might…two words - vibrating knickers – giggle :) Enjoy!

Bits and bobs:
- Gerard Butler also played in P.S. I love You and The Bounty Hunter to name a few.
- And I just watched this new film with him. Really good:)
- Did you know that he is Scottish?
- Here he talks about his homeland.
- He has this cool tradition of taking road trips after he finishes each of his films.
- Giggle!
- Katherine Heigl also played in Life As We Know It, 27 Dresses, Knocket Up and of course Grey's Anatomy.
- Adorable.
- Bloopers!
- This film was directed by Robert Luketic who also directed 21.
- There is also Cheryl Hines who I adore from Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is a genius!
- Plus, John Michael Higgins has a small role there.
- The latest film I've seen with him was the Bad Teacher.

P.S: Plus, a few other films that I love right now.

(Photos via IMDb)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is very handsome. Good reminder, I need to watch it.

Jana Miller @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

one of my very favorites!

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Oh I like this film too!

Daisy Dayz

Jessica said...

I actually really love this movie too. I have seen it so many times. I love the funny one liners.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

Tagg said...

Ooh, I was quite fond of this movie! I must watch again. Thanks! :)

Nicole Marie said...

love movies like that how have i not seen it!?

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I just love Gerard Butler!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh he really is, indeed Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Jana!

Diana Mieczan said...

It's pretty great, isn't it, Chantele?

Diana Mieczan said...

Jessica:) They are so good!

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Tagg:)

Diana Mieczan said...

You totally should watch it, Nicole Marie!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ah, me too, Marieken Hoefnagel. He is so adorable, isn't he?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk