exPress-o Film Club: Baby Mama

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Have you seen the 2008 comedy Baby Mama? What did you think? It’s a rule that if you put two funny ladies together, there will be laughter, trouble and a few of those “no, she didn’t” moments. The story is about a single, career-oriented woman who in the midst of baby-fever discovers that she has only a one-in-a-million chance to get pregnant. So, in an act of urgency she finds herself a surrogate mother. What can go wrong, right? Well, plenty, if you combine two polar opposites. Get ready for fireworks, baby paternity tests, lies, late night singing, clubbing, fake bellies, peeing in a sink, second chances and a happy ending.

A must see on those weeknights when you just want to watch something fun yet relaxing. Enjoy!

Bits and bobs:
- Ain't no party like a Liz Lemon party :)
- Amy Poehler on a Cosmo cover.
- Did you know that Amy was in Mean Girls? Check this out!
- Aww...Amy Poehler's emotional speech.
- One of my all time favourite films with Tina Fey is Date Night with Steve Carell. What's yours?
- Tina started off as a...
- I love her!
- This is my favourite bit from the 2013 Golden Globes.
- 60 seconds with Tina - hilarious!
- Giggle.
- Classic Tina on 30 Rock.
- She is genius, isn't she?
- Tina wrote the script for Mean Girls.
- There is also Dax Shepard that you might remember from Parenthood.
- And Sigourney Weaver.

P.S: I am thinking about rewatching this one tonight:)
P.P.S: Plus, a few other films I adore.

(Photos via IMDb and by Robert Caplin)


Anonymous said...

Tina Fey is my hero and I can't believe that I haven't seen this movie yet. Jill

OnePerfectDay said...

I just discovered your blog and thoroughly enjoyed going -all the way- back and reading your posts.
How do I follow you?
Where is that good old google button you use to just press?

Happenstance said...

I thought it was pretty funny:)

Diana Mieczan said...

She is awesome, isn't she, Jill? I totally adore her too.

Diana Mieczan said...

OnePerfectDay, are sweet! Yu can follow via Bloglovin'. There is a pink button on the right side of the page:)

Diana Mieczan said...


Leith said...

This is one of my favorite movies!!!!! No one seems to love it as much as my sister and I do, but I will always love anything Tina Fey and Amy Poehler come up with! So glad to find someone else out there who absolutely loves this film too! - Leith

Mary Jo @trustyourstyle said...

I saw this with my parents and it was one of the last movies I saw with my dad, so I have a soft spot for it--plus I love these 2 in almost anything they're in. I'm going to mark it for a fall movie night!

Jillian Manesh said...

ha loveee this. amy pohler is my fave i need to watch this one again xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Mieczan said...

I adore your comment, Leith:) This film is really awesome and those two are amazing, indeed.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Mary Jo!

Diana Mieczan said...


Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk