Eucalyptus Steam Shower Trick

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fancy a little trick to amazingly special showers that also double as a cold remedy? It’s all in a bundle of fresh or dried eucalyptus – promise! Simply hang it from your shower rod or the base of the shower head fixture and enjoy the most relaxing steam shower of your life. This simple trick works also a lot like the menthol shower tablets designed to help open your airways when you’re sick or having a bad cold. The best part is that as soon as you open the hot water, the steam will rise up towards the eucalyptus, filling your bathroom with the most refreshing, relaxing minty-fresh scent. Our friends are hooked after they spotted it in our bathroom :)Would you try it?

Btw: I think it would also work great with other herbs like lavender or rosemary or even mint. What do you think?

P.S: You can buy fresh eucalyptus in the floral section of most craft stores around your city.
P.P.S: Another nifty use of eucalyptus oil and the perfect fall potpourri:)

(via Apartment Therapy. Photos by Buff Strickland & The Clever Bunny)

15 comments:

Jessica said...

I need to try this to relieve the cold I currently have!

Anonymous said...

I started adding eucalyptus oil to my washing when you posted it and now I can not wait to try this. Actually, it's the perfect timing since I am just coming down with something. Jill

Vintage Market Place said...

Wow i wanna give this a try just for the fresh scent!! Great tip!!:)
Amy

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Wow,thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try that soon!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

wilma van asch said...

Great idea, I will try that this weekend.

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

this is genius! i want to try this!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh no, Jessica! Feel better soon:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yay, Jill:) That is wonderful and if you try this shower trick, it will help with your cold right away:) Promise.

Diana Mieczan said...

It's really wonderful, Amy:) You will LOVE it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Chic 'n Cheap Living!

Jillian Manesh said...

wonderful idea!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Katie said...

Love this idea! I'm going to pick some up on my way home from work. My husband is sick and I feel a little inkling of a cold coming on.

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, hope you two feel better sooon:) Sending hugs your way. xo

erin said...

Tried it. Loves it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Fantastic, Erin:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk