Thursday, October 3, 2013

Kids find riding escalators pretty amusing, but most adults, including myself find them a bit awkward and uncomfortable. How about you? Big part of it must be that since we live in such a fast paced world, the escalator is a defined time period where the only thing we need to do is stand and look at people passing us by. We can also lose ourselves in our thoughts – that is what I usually do or make an eye contact with someone on the opposite lane. So when I spotted this series by Paul Batt, I couldn’t stop examining those photos especially the last one, as it reminds me of myself being totally and utterly in my thoughts. Paul’s aim was to show the longingness and the need for connection that people share. Very thought-provoking, isn’t it? xo

P.S: The car poolers.
P.P.S: Silent world.

(via Sho & Tell)


Vintage Market Place said...

I dont mind the escalator as much as a crowded elevator. I think this series is quite captivating.

Claudz said...

This is so interesting.
I don't like escalators. Do I usually walk up or down them to avoid them

Relydesign said...

i like elevator and i prefer them instead of walking up/down..i am quite lazy :)...i especially like the one in london to reach the tube...

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, crowded elevators are not great, indeed.

Diana Mieczan said...


Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk