Crossing Abby Road

Monday, October 28, 2013

You will never guess what I did this morning. While sipping my coffee I was glued to the Abby Road cam trying to spot how many people will attempt to recreate the iconic Beatles crossing walk. Yup, there is a live feed of the famous Abby Road crossing and anyone around the world can just tune in and enjoy the happenings. On the 8th of August, 1969 at around 11:30 am this incredible little spot became a part of history. Supposedly it’s one of the top touristic attractions and turists try to juggle around the traffic to capture their own crossing walk. Brilliant, don’t you think? Would you do it?

Below are a few of my favourites:

Fun fact: Did you know that on the day when photographer, Iain Macmillan took the famous Beatles photo, he only had ten minutes to do it, while standing on a step-ladder and a policeman held up the traffic. Ha! xo

P.S: Paul McCartney and me:)
P.P.S: Remember PopSpots NYC? Or Filmography?

(via Design Scouting. Photos via Crackerbox Palace)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the coolest thing I've seen all day.

holtkamp said...

My husband and I visited abbey road a few years ago. The cars stopped so we could get pictures, guess they're used to so many tourists.

Jillian Manesh said...

very cool! i love that first photo :) xo

Diana Trotter said...

That's so funny about the live feed!! Love that, I know my daughters would love that. We went to John Lennon's art exhibit in NYC last week, they loved it. Really cool, he had a collection he did for his son. Love that he's wearing a white suit here! :)

the cape on the corner said...

this has been on my bucket list for a long time, how funny to know there is a cam!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..you are so sweet, Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That's SO awesome, holtkamp!!!

Rachel @ Existation said...

Ummm this is AMAZING! I just sat and watched it for a long time as well, there were way more people crossing and taking pictures than I expected. There was also a couple that was on the phone, trying to position themselves at the right place in the camera's line of vision to stand on the sidewalk and wave to whoever it was they were talking to. So funny.

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Jillian:) They look so cool, don't they?

Diana Mieczan said...

Di, I heard that the exhibit is wonderful. I am so happy you guys had a blast!

Diana Mieczan said...

the cape on the corner :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Rachel, so with you on that! I am totally glued to it and I can't get over how many people want to do the 'crossing':) Brilliant!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk