Classic Beret: Thumbs up or down?

Monday, October 7, 2013




Do berets suit you? I'm pretty partial because I simply adore them. A few years ago my mom told me that berets look best paired up with casual, everyday outfits. So needless to say, they pretty much suit my whole wardrobe. There is no point denying it - I love my jeans, tees and sweaters. The best part about them is that no matter how badly your hair is misbehaving, as soon as you pop one of those French beauties on, you are guaranteed to look sassy for the rest of the day. Yesterday while having breakfast in a cafĂ©, I noticed a girl in a red cherry coloured beret and a simple black coat. She looked so pretty and every single person noticed her too in that rather crowded space. I love the mysterious effect berets have.

What do you think: thumbs up or down? What colour would you choose? I have one in navy and another one in black. You? xo

P.S: Plus, knitted hats and ushanka's.
P.P.S: Autumn elegance at at its best!

(Photos via/by Streetpeeper, Carolines Mode, Elle, That's Not My Age, Cuba, Happiness Is, Vanessa Jackman, Daniel Dykes and Ella)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thumbs way up. I have a beret in very dark green that I wear endlessly but now I might consider getting a red one too. Jill

Heba Lateef said...

of course thumbs up!
have a good day, Diana :)

Fashion art and other fancies said...

I adore berets and hats - so thumbs up!

Mary Jo @trustyourstyle said...

I love seeing women wearing berets--it's just never been something I felt capable of pulling off - but I always admire anyone who looks good in one :) I'm so envious that you can wear hats and coats now, here it's still in the 80s!

xo Mary Jo

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I would definitely rock a beret - I love the whimsy and chic look!


xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I love that last one with the little veil. Unfortunately, I don't have a hat-head.

Katie said...

Heck yeah! I haven't worn a beret since college, but I'm feeling the need to get a new one this winter!

Chrissy said...

Absolutely a thumbs up - they are just so chic! Leonie loves them! Have a wonderful week, sweet friend! xxx

LyddieGal said...

Definitely thumbs up - it's so cute and chic!
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

I bet you would look totally adorable wearing a red one, Jill!

Diana Mieczan said...

You too, dear Heba:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Mary Jo:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chic 'n Cheap Living, I love your comment. So true!

Diana Mieczan said...

It's sassy, isn't it, Marieken Hoefnagel?

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, katie!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

You too, Chrissy darling:)

Bryony said...

Thumbs up, definitely. I've got a grey knitted one that it's finally getting cold enough to wear!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk