Boy meets Girl.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013




Blimey, the easy-going tomboyish trend is taking a wonderfully fun direction that I am pretty excited about. It’s all about boy meets girl - a mix where masculine basics get all tangled with feminine details. There is tons of layering where volumes mix with lengths. You are free to snazzy up a girly lace dress with chunky brogues or layer your silk bow blouse with your husband’s cozy sweater. You can even go as far as grabbing his work-shirt to wear under boxy cut tweeds and double-breasted blazers. And if you are brave enough, you can borrow his slouchy pants on occasion to wear with girly ballerina flats and a bow-tie.

Taking cues from the gentlemen and mixing it with your style is the way to go. Best part? No need to buy anything new, just mix and match the things you and your husband have already in the closet. Don't worry he won't mind:) The Beatles come to mind when I look at the girls above. Love! Would you wear any of the outfits above? Are you a tomboy? Thumbs up or down? xo

P.S: Also, plaid shirt and jeans.
P.P.S: Plus, the snug elbow patches:)

(Photos via Fashion Edit, Refuses to Label, Harpers Bazaar, Unique, We are Glitter)

16 comments:

Fashion art and other fancies said...

Adore the black hats.

Anonymous said...

I need to recreate the top outift.

Ann said...

This look is so chic.
And with a hint of power.
love it!

Tish said...

oh how I love me some tomboy chic! it's meeeeeeee

Christianna said...

It's like you broke into my closet! I totally rock this look all day everyday! Combat boots are also my best friend!

LyddieGal said...

I enjoy menswear looks, but i'm not sure I properly pull them off.

Kait said...

i am ALWAYS on board with tomboy looks :)

Vintage Market Place said...

Ha I am finally trendy , lol
my tomboy style is in style.
Amy

Jillian Manesh said...

GREAT picks! i love this look :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Fashion art and other fancies! Snazzy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Ann!

Diana Mieczan said...

Tish, yay! And huge congrats:) xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

I love your comment, Christianna!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Amy:) xoxo

Katie said...

Love this look. It's pretty much my everyday, so finally I'm sort of fashion forward!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk