Autumn Style Tweak: Belted Layers

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

If like me, you are all about simple and understated autumn fashion with little twists here and there – try belting your fall layers for that extra dose of snazziness. It’s commonly known that when you wear tons of layers, sometimes you can lose your shape, so to help accentuating your waist, tie in a fun technique a belt over all your autumn layers. Whether it’s a cozy oversized sweater topped with a long wrap and a coat or a chunky cardigan topped with a jacket - it will look sassy, feel comfy and totally you!

Darlings, what do you think? Will you be belting your layers this autumn? xo

P.S: Sprezzatura state of style and a squeeze free zone.
P.P.S: Plus, rolled up pants and how to cuff your sleeves J.Crew style!

(Photos via/by Vanilla Style Sheet, Design Me Daily, Garance Doré, Sacramento Street, Vanessa Jackman, Fashionising, Stockholm Streetstyle and The Accidental Executive)


Tiffany Kadani said...

The third model is just absolutely gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

How didn't I think of this before? I often wear scarf-wrap type of sweaters and I mostly use my hands to keep wrapped around me. Love this trick, thanks.

Katie said...

Love the look in #2. I really like this look in general, but I always feel a little awkward when I try to attempt this. Maybe I need a different belt.

LyddieGal said...

Belts bring it all together. Nothing helps to add shape to those bulky winter layers like a belt.
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Tiffany:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, my pleasure!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I usually wear a super thin belt with my chunky cardigans:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Lyddie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk