Autumn Fedora: thumbs up or down?

Tuesday, October 29, 2013




The thing I learned about hats over the past year is this: the more you wear them, the less intimidating they are. During my 20s I was convinced that hats and I don't gel but after spending the whole summer sporting my straw fedora, I finally got it. I used to be so intimidated by hats because they ooze so much elegance and I didn’t know if I can pull them off. But ever since I passed the 30 mark, I find them more wearable than ever. They can be a great everyday piece if you find your right match. Oh boy, nowadays I can’t get enough of their beauty and it seems that everyone loves them around the city as well. Go figure! What do you think? xo

P.S: Plus, those darn swoonwothy blues.
P.P.S: And tons more fashion goodness to tickle your fancy:)

(Photos via Pathless Woods, Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters, Pretty Stuff, Elle)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good analogy. I need to find a hat that suits my face. Jill

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, you totally should:) I love hats!

Ann said...

Definitely a thumbs up.
It is so chic.

Jillian Manesh said...

ehh not for me, but it works on some ppl! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

little t said...

I love them!

little t said...

Great idea!

Katie said...

YES! I felt exactly the same way, Diana! I thought I used to look terrible in hats and was very intimidated by them. But then I found a few cute and flatter ones and I started wearing them more and more and now I'm a total hat convert. I think age helps, you feel more confident, at least I do. :) I'm still on the hunt for a good fedora. I tried one from Boden, but it wasn't quite right. I'd love to get the Rag & Bone fedora. http://www.rag-bone.com/floppy-brim-fedora-black/d/3923

Alicia Mackin said...

Oh I would LOVE a floppy fall hat but they are always too big for me and fall past my eyes on to my nose.

Ali of Dressing Ken

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Ann:)

Diana Mieczan said...

little t:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I agree. Age helps a lot and that rag&bone fedora is stunning. I love the stylish little leather band around it. You should totally get it! What a gem:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh no, Alicia! I think H&M and Zara have a few different sizes, you should check them out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk