40 Days of Dating

Monday, October 21, 2013

Have you heard about the ’40 days of dating’ project? If not, you missed something awesomely wonderful yet very heartbreaking. Two good friends in New York City, Timothy and Jessica with opposite relationship problems found themselves single at the same time. Tim is afraid of commitment, often dating many girls at once, and he’s losing sight of what a healthy relationship means. Jessica is a hopeless romantic, jumping into relationships too quickly, always looking to find “the one.”

It’s been said that it takes 40 days to change a bad habit. In an attempt to explore and hopefully overcome their fears and inadequacies, Tim and Jessica went through the motions of a relationship for exactly 40 days while capturing it on video, talking about it and writing about it. Nothing was off limits. Not to spoil the end if you haven’t seen it yet, it’s a brilliant experiment, so check out the website. I read the whole thing over the last week, it was so interesting and even though the end wasn’t want I hoped for, it gave an awesome inside to relationships and human interaction. The best part: it was officially announced that Tim and Jessica’s story will be turned into a movie. Can’t wait!

Would you be brave enough to date your friend for 40 days as an experiment? I probably wouldn't have the guts. You? xo

P.S: Here is day 40 if you're curious. I watched the last day first and than backtracked the other 39 days:)

P.P.S: Day 33 was one of my favourites:)

(via Bookmaarks)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea. I am going to read it tonight when I get home. Jill

Mary Jo @trustyourstyle said...

Wow I just got totally sucked into this. I sort of want to watch the whole thing now even though I know how it ends. I don't think I could do this at this point in my life, which of course goes against the whole when Harry Met Sally thing but I'm more practical these days, lol.

xo Mary Jo

Tanvi said...

Ditto. I will read/watch it at night too. Thanks for sharing.

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

You always find the bestest things, it's on my to see list.

Jess said...

Sounds like it definitely has some great insight! I'll be curious to check it out when I have some time!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

i read some of the days but haven't completed all. that's awesome that it's going to be a movie!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill :)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Tanvi:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..you are a sweetheart, Marieken:) Thanks, lovely!

Diana Mieczan said...

Mary Jo, I was totally sucked in as well. Incredible, isn't it? And so interesting:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Jaime? I will so watch the movie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk