Top Knot or Low Knot?

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Let's play a little game! If you had to choose between a top knot (above) or a low knot (below), which one would win in your book? Top knots are very French, playful, messy yet put together and can be stylish if done right. While low buns are soft, chic and glamorous, but also can be very wearable. Tough choice but which one tickles your fancy more? For me it was a toss, but since I have long hair and I adore all things ballerina, I say top knot all the way. You? xo

P.S: Fancy more?
P.P.S: The perfect bun trick.

(Inspired by Garance Doré. Photos via/by Dulce CastilloFashion Gone Rogue, Allure, Top Knot, Because I'm Addicted, Max Kopanygin and B in the know)


Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I've always been a low knot kinda girl because it's so much faster/easier to do. I got the donut holder recently though and it helps immensely with top knots!

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Tiffany Kadani said...

Definitely low knot. But high bun (for ballet).

all these photos are stunning.

Lady Grey said...

I've always been a top-knotter... mostly because I need to keep the hair out of my face at work, and with a low knot it always slips out. But low knots are definitely gorgeous!

Vintage Market Place said...

I love both.
certain days my hair looks better on off to the side low knot.
Usually when a bit dirtier it manages better for a low but I love a good top knot too!

Claudz said...

I love both! Tough to decide

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I am a big fan of knots at the moment. I go for the top one, but that's mainly because I am growing out my bangs, and it's not long enough for a low one.

LyddieGal said...

yes to the top knot - i wish i could pull off one of those fabulously messy ones.
Chic on the Cheap

Leith said...

Oh love hairstyle inspiration! Both top and low look gorgeous to those who know what they're doing. I wish I knew what I was doing too :( - Leith

Karen Toms said...

I always go for a low knot but secretly I want to be able to do one of those fabulously messy cool top knot... xx

Diana Mieczan said...


Diana Mieczan said...

Vanessa, same here:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I LOVE all those comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk