Sleepy time

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Darlings, do you sleep enough? I have a tendency to stay up way past my bedtime and then I’m surprised how tired I feel the next morning :) Typical, isn’t it?  

So when last week I spotted this little sleeping gem I got excited because I really need to get into a good sleeping routine. It’s an online calculator that tells you the best times to fall asleep depending on what time you need to wake up in the morning. For example: If you input 8 am, it tells you that you should fall asleep at one of the following times: 11 pm, 12.30 am, 2:00 am or 3:30 am. You can get one or more full sleep cycles depending on when you go to bed. It also informs you that it takes about 14 minutes to fall asleep so you should account that in your pre-sleep routine. The more 90 minutes sleeping cycles you get, the fresher you will feel the next morning. Fancy trying? What time do you go to bed daily? What time do you wake up? xo

P.S: Are you fully present in the moment?

(Photos via Women's Health)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. I'm such a night owl but I have to be at wotk at 8 am each morning so it's about time to get my routine in order. Thanks for that.

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Anonymous:)

Inga Heiða said...

I might have to do something drastic about my sleeping habits :) My friend has a "wake up light" and I really want to try it myself .. http://www.usa.philips.com/c/Light-therapy/coloured-sunrise-simulation-hf3520_60/prd/en/

Christianna said...

I'm all over the place with my sleeping! It's not the best thing for me though. But I always feel like I have so much stuff to do...

Diana Mieczan said...

Inga, that light sounds super interesting.

Diana Mieczan said...

Same here,Christianna:)

Vintage Market Place said...

That is so interesting.
I finally have got my pattern down and if I stray I am struggling by morning.
Amy

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy:)

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

interesting! i have a sleep app i use too that tracks your sleeping cycle. I am so night a morning person.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jaime, your app sounds great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk