Looking Out

Tuesday, September 3, 2013



My grandma used to say that a few minutes each day sitting by the window and looking at the world will do wonders to the soul. When I was little I never knew what she meant but now that I am getting older, I finally get it! It’s like a little pause, a meditation as you will, when you reflect on everything by seeing the bigger slice of your world. Tim’s photos reminded me that I need to find 5 minutes today to do just that with a hot cup of coffee :) What’s outside of your window? For us it’s a busy street with cafes, restaurants, twinkling lights and tons of people passing by...xo

P.S: Out my window.
P.P.S: The window seat.

(Photos by Tim Robison)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My home-office window is facing beautiful trees that we planted last year. I haven't even noticed how much they grew since I was busy with everything. I'm going to do the same today. Thank you Di.

-Ola

Lex C. said...

Wow, I really love this post. The photos are inspiring for a photo essay in all of my travels and places that I will be visiting, but it also is very similar to the Greek life. There is nothing better than time out to sit on the balcony, enjoy your cup of coffee, and life around you.

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Gorgeous pictures! I live in the city centre, so when I look outside, I see a big department store, which is a constant source of amusement during saturday's lunch.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww fantastic, Ola:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Lex, so true! I adore your comment.

Diana Mieczan said...

I bet, Marieken Hoefnagel:)

skedian said...

These photos are so dreamy! I love it. Out my window I see palm tree fronds and green hills which I feel pretty fortunate about because it is hard to have that view in a huge, bustling city!

Laura Bear said...

Your blog is just so wonderful. What a lovely point to just take a moment and look out. I love that your grandma taught you that. I am looking out my window right now... but I think it will be best without these inspiring blog post distractions so I will have to do it again later :)

Diana Mieczan said...

skedian, what a beautiful view:) I adore heels:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thanks, Laura:)You're so sweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk