If you only buy one thing this autumn...

Monday, September 9, 2013




... it should be a cozy and very classic Fisherman's sweater. That is exactly what my mom told me while on our Skyping date over the weekend. Since moms know best, I'm planning to make this happen this week as my old Aron knit needs a replacement. Plus, really what is better for crisp mornings, gloomy skies and rosy cheeks than a snuggly cream colour knit paired up with your favourite jeans and boots? Will you be sporting a Fisherman’s sweater is autumn, my darlings? xo

Psst, and here is a tip to itch-free wool sweaters that my mom swears by: Simply add ½ a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle or if you’re hand washing the sweater, add the vinegar while you're soaking it in the water. Hope that helps!

P.S: Also, sweater tights and a sassy knit dress. Plus, the 3 fisherman's sweaters that I adore.
P.P.S: Maybe you fancy the look of statement knits as well?
 
(Photos by/via Tnuck, Moiology, Diego Zuko, imgfave, The Sartorialist, Streetpeeper)

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. I was just thinking about what do I need to get for cold weather and here it is. It looks cosy and warm.

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

Diana, I couldn´t agree more. I had one years ago - similar to the one in photo nr.4 - and I loooved it. Sadly a friend put it in the dryer accidently and it was ruined. I never found the `right´one ever since though.

Will give it another shot this season. Thanks for the reminder!

Vintage Market Place said...

What!!!! I never knew that. I have avoided wool sweaters for years cuz i cant take the itching!
Amy

Melissa Blake said...

Ohhh yes!! i loooove sweaters! I say that you can never have too many. Happy Monday, friend!! :)

Fashion art and other fancies said...

Who doesn't adore a cosy cream jumper!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i am so excited for sweater weather. this post made me even more excited to pull out one of my chunky, ivory sweaters!

Chrissy said...

Ah, these are all wonderful! I think I'd buy lots of yarn to knit as many as I could! Happy Monday, dear xxx

Katie said...

Yes, yes, yes!!! And thank you for your Mom's tip on how to make one less scratchy. I have one that I rarely wear because it is so itchy, but haven't been able to give it away for sentimental reasons. I saw this sweater over the weekend and it is ridiculously soft!
https://www.madewell.com/madewell_category/SWEATERS/pullovers/PRDOVR~04116/04116.jsp

Jana Miller @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering said...

I'm in! Off to shop :)

LyddieGal said...

the fishermans sweater is a gorgeous fall piece. in the classic white that clearly works all three seasons.
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, my pleasure.

Diana Mieczan said...

Martie,my pleasure and here is the link to that exact sweater: http://tnuck.com/collections/womens-lakeside-attire/products/chunky-cable-fisherman-sweater

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, it works like a charm:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Melissa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Ilene:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy, that sounds like the perfect plan!

Diana Mieczan said...

I'm in love with that madewell sweater, Katie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jana:) And Lyddie, so true!

Becky Kozak said...

Big chunky sweaters are my fave!! I want to knit one... one day!

xo Becky
Seductive Mania

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

Love this look but sometimes I think a bulky sweater makes me look bigger.

clémence said...

I agree entirely! Think Cape Cod and the scene from Annie Hall when they cook lobster. I am definitely planning on wearing one. I have a white sweater right now that my aunt hand knit and it's just gorgeous. I can't wait for the weather to turn cooler so I can pull it out!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Becky:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Spot on, clémence!Oh yes! Also, how lovely that your aunt hand knit you a sweater. Special!

Mary at www.spreadinggoodtastes.com said...

I am on the hunt for a new one this year! Way overdue! Love them��

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk