Emptying Gestures.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

I’m always in awe by how artists express themselves through the process of creating and Heather Hansen is no exception. With this extraordinary project called Emptying Gestures she experimented with kinetic drawing. It’s a technique where the artist uses her own body to illustrate action on a two-dimensional surface rather than using paintbrushes. Her goal was to download her movement directly onto paper, emptying gestures from one to another by creating something incredible in the process. And oh she did! Mind-blowing, wouldn’t you agree? xo

P.S: Check this out...

P.P.S: Through a mother's eyes, and do you remember those Brooklyn stairs?

(via MiH. Photos by Bryan Tarnowski)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm blown away. The precision is to the dot and I would put those creations on my wall right away.

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so with you on that, Anonymous!

Tish said...

I want to do this! Had to send it to my bestie...I have no idea where and how, but this will happen. Oh yes! It'll happen alright!

meenal@ maison marigold said...

WOW!!! What precision! To me it appears to be the best combination of art and fitness!! xx meenal

Relydesign said...

wow, you always find interesting stuff....she is amazing and hers creations are really something unique.

Diana Mieczan said...

Fantastic, Tish:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, meenal!

Diana Mieczan said...

Relydesign, aww thanks!

KPdesign said...

LOVE this idea and the outcome!

Cayley Lux said...

Tony Oricco also does something like this. Very compelling stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk