Easy-Peasy Chocolate Mousse.

Thursday, September 5, 2013


Do you re-watch Friends? Me, constantly! Earlier this week I giggled over the episode where Monica gets a new job creating recipes for a synthetic chocolate substitute called Mockolate, remember? It was a disaster in the making but it put me in the mood for some good and rich chocolate mousse. So, since I'm still fighting with my cold, yesterday I treated myself to the best chocolate mousse I ever had in my life. It took only 4 ingredients and little over 10 minutes to whip up. Plus the 2 hour resting time made it even more scrumptious because you know you're waiting for something delicious, like a forbidden fruit.

Try it yourself:
Melt 6 oz (or 170 grams) of dark chocolate and set aside. In a second bowl, whisk 7 egg whites until stiff peaks with 1/2 tsp of lemon juice. Add 1/3 cup (or 40 grams) of sugar. Next, fold very gently the egg whites under the chocolate till well combined. Let it sit  in the fridge for 2 hours before eating. Ta dah!

P.S: Also, salted chocolate clementine wedges and chocolate pudding with avocado.

(Recipe and photos by Ann Vertriest)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything with chocolate makes me melt and my husband calls me chocoholic ha. Now I know what I'm making over the weekend.

Carmen said...

I love this recipe and I also use the yolks and some more sugar mixed with the melted chocolate. Thanks for reminding me of it!

Vintage Market Place said...

Ahh lol yes that was a good episode.
I have a cold as well and I crave sweets and well just food constantly when I am sick...its weird.
But this sounds yummy.
Hope you are on the mend soon.
Amy

Laura Bear said...

OH my gosh! It is so simple! Making this tonight!!!!

Avonka said...

Sound very delicious! will try me too-)

Becky Kozak said...

Yumm! Yes please!

xo Becky
Seductive Mania

Jess said...

I loooove chocolate mousse AND Friends!!!!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

That works perfectly with my weekend plans even thought we seem to have the last summery weather before us - I don´t mind - I am sooo ready for fall already :)

I re-watched a few friends episodes myself lately. Remember the one with Rachel´s special trifle? Epic!

iloveyouvalentine said...

you just referenced friends and gave me a recipe for something chocolate. i love you.

Anonymous said...

okay i always want to try it but my stomic doesnt except well un cook egg , any ideas please ?

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure Carmen:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, hope you are feeling better by today, sweetie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Laura:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, iloveyouvalentine! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I read that you can substiture eggs with egg substitute or with tofu:) My friend made it with tofu the other day and she said it was amazing!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Martie:) I love that episode too:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk