Danielle

Monday, September 30, 2013


Many women find aging scary - I find it beautiful and graceful. How about you?

This little video made by a fantastic filmmaker Anthony Cerniello blew my mind. It’s not a traditional take on aging where you photograph a person year by year. It’s actually the opposite. It’s all about combining the faces of family members into the story of one single make-believe-person. Anthony and his photographer friend, Keith traveled to his good friend’s family reunion where they shot portraits of the family, from her youngest cousins to her oldest relatives. Then they began the process of scanning each photo with a drum scanner, carefully editing the photos to select the family members that had the most similar bone structure and then animate + morph the still photographs together so it would mimic a time lapse video of aging. The photographs became alive. It’s pretty remarkable if you ask me. What do you think? xo

P.S: Remember those sisters?
P.P.S: Also, the ageless fashion gene and the gentlemen edition.

(via Like Cool via Colossal)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to grey hair and lines. I am only 26 so I have a few more years before that but I am ready. I am sending this video to my mom. Thanks

Christianna said...

I'm super stoked for some laugh lines!

Chrissy said...

This is incredible! What a great idea! xxx

Mary Jo @trustyourstyle said...

This is so amazing. Aging in our society is difficult, especially in the field I'm in, but then I look at a photo of my great grandmother's hands and it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

xo Mary Jo

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..I love what you said, Anonymous. I am the same way:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Christianna:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Chrissy?

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..your comment is so beautiful, Mary Jo:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk